Islands Elementary is a safe, nurturing environment where your child will experience success. Nestled in a community of lakes and palm trees, our school is committed to providing each student with an opportunity to excel.
The staff is dedicated to helping each child reach their potential academically, socially, and emotionally. In a diverse school community, we pride ourselves in developing the whole child. At Islands, parents are very involved in classroom academics, organizing campus events, and supporting our students and school in every way possible. We expect success from our students.
Come and be a part of our team!
Our Mission: Islands Elementary School aims to provide a safe, positive educational environment for all students, with our Islands staff and parents working together to assure a positive learning experience for all our Dolphins.
Our core values describe how we pursue our mission. They create our desired school culture because they reflect the principles that guide us as we learn, share, and grow at Islands Elementary School.
1. We are committed to living and learning RESPECT.
2. We are committed to teaching RESPONSIBILITY to assure that students are responsible for their learning, behavior and personal
3. We are committed to building and using TEAMWORK in our partnership with staff, parents, community, and the school district.
4. We are committed to realizing, appreciating and celebrating DIVERSITY.
5. We are committed to ACCOUNTABILITY in order for students to achieve academic excellence.
6. We are committed to teaching the WHOLE CHILD; helping students develop strong interpersonal skills, positive self esteem, and
motivation for life long learning.
Islands Elementary Super Soaker party for all the kids that helped with our Read A Thon fundraiser. Our theme was based on the movie the "Avenger"