Please click on the title for additional information.
On behalf of the staff of Playa del Rey Elementary, I am happy to welcome you to the 15-16 school year. We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure that our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support at home and at school. We know that a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s school experience
- Completes all homework tasks assigned by classroom teacher(s)
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares daily school experiences so that you are an active participant in their school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and the importance of graduating from high school and attending college
Please consider joining our school PTSO (Parent/Teacher/Student Organization) as our school community can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school program and its operations. We are planning monthly meetings where we will discuss a variety of topics including the following:
- School Improvement Initiatives
- Student Achievement
- Parent/Family Involvement
- Community Partnerships
- School-wide Events and Fundraising Efforts
As a new member of the Playa del Rey school community, it is truly a privilege to have the opportunity to lead this school and I look forward to working with each and every student and family. Thank you in advance for your support. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.
Sincerely,Darrin J Praska