Gilbert Junior High School
End of Year Announcements
- May 21st and 22nd Last days to pick up medication
- May 23rd Health office open until 1: 00 pm
- Lost and found Items will be donated to Good Will at the end of the school year.
Protect your skin during summer Learn the ABCs of protecting your skin from getting sunburned.
Hazards from too Much Sunlight
- A = Away. Stay away from the sun in the middle of the day (from 10 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon).
- B = Block. Use a sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 50 or higher and re apply often if you are swimming
- C = Cover up. Wear clothing that covers the skin, hats, and sunglasses with UV protection.
- S = Speak out. Tell others to protect their skin from sun damage.
- Since sun exposure is understood to be the major cause of skin cancer, it is extremely important to protect children and youth from over-exposure to sunlight.
- The suns role in skin cancer results from its emission of invisible UV rays, which include UVA and UVB.
- Sunburn is an example of visible injury. Childhood sunburns likely increase the risk that children will get melanoma in adulthood.
Have a Great and Safe Summer!!!!
Maribel Neufeld, R.N.
480-892-6908 ext. 2606
Gilbert Jr. High School