- A nurturing environment with Certified and Highly Qualified teachers
- Rigorous instruction in the academic core area
- Curriculum tailored to meet your student’s needs and strengths
- Music, artistic expression, and Physical Education, contributing to the educational and personal enrichment of the whole child
GPS is pleased to offer full-day and half-day Kindergarten programs.
Our Kindergarten programs provide rigorous instruction that address the State Standards in Reading, Writing, Math, Science, and Social Studies. Kindergarten programs provide rich opportunities that promote positive social skills and character development in a structured learning environment.
Gilbert Public Schools is recognized for its overall educational excellence and for consistently achieving high scores on statewide assessments. All GPS schools have successfully met or exceeded state standards. 15 of our elementary schools received an "A" label from the Arizona Department of Education for the 2011–2012 school year.
GPS is known for its rigorous, well-defined curriculum and for the high quality of academic programs and extra-curricular activities offered at all levels.
- To register for kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year, children must turn 5 prior to September 1.
- Children who turn five between 1 September and 31 December will need to pass a Gilbert district screening before being admitted to kindergarten.
- To have your child screened for early entrance into kindergarten, contact your home campus for information. A $75.00 fee will be collected at the time the screening registration form is submitted. Cash, money order, or cashier's check will be accepted for payment. Screening dates are June 10, 11, 12, 2013.
- We appreciate your interest in the upcoming Early Entrance Screening. As many parents/guardians ask, “What does my child need to know to pass the test?” This pdf file lists some of the concepts that will be covered.
- Additional information about the Common Core State Standards can be located at the National PTA website and the actual standards can be found at the Arizona Department of Education.
To register a student in the Gilbert Public Schools, parents must bring to their neighborhood school:
- Birth Certificate - This must be a state or county issued original or certified copy.
- Proof of Residency - We must have a copy of proof on file in the form of a current utility bill, house closing papers or rental contract.
- Current Immunizations - Please contact the school health office for information regarding immunizations. This documentation is mandatory before your child may start school.
If you are not sure what school your child should attend, you may contact any school for boundary information.
There is no charge for full-day kindergarten.
Half-day Kindergarten sites are determined on a year-to-year basis according to parent enrollment by region and space availability.