Title I Information
Title I funds currently provide additional reading, math and social/emotional support to those students with the greatest need in 9 of our Gilbert schools.
Title I is a federally funded program included in the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), which supplements regular classroom instruction by providing support for students who are at risk of not meeting state academic standards. The purpose of Title I Part A - Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged, is to provide a fair, equitable, and high-quality education to all children.
Schools meet criteria based on total student enrollment and the number of students qualifying for free and reduced lunch. Schools between 35%-40% F & R are eligible to participate in a Targeted Assistance Title I Program. Schools above 40% F & R qualify for a Schoolwide Title I Program.
- GPS Free & Reduced Lunch Application
- GPS Federal & State Programs Department Information
- Arizona Department of Education - Title I
- U.S. Department of Education - Every Student Succeeds Act
- Gilbert Public Schools - K-12 Prevention Resources
- U.S. Department of Education McKinney Vento Program (Education for Homeless Children and Youths)
- GPS Student Support & Prevention: School Social Worker & Mental Health Counselor Directory
Please complete the free and reduced meal application each year for your student!
Complete the short meal application today to support school funding and ensure qualifying student(s) receive benefits including:
- P-EBT Benefits
- School Funding: Maintains funding for student programs and services.
- Academic Tests: Reduced registration fees for AP, SAT and/or ACT tests.
- Athletics: Free or discounted fees to participate in most sports.
- College Application Fees: Discounted rates on fees associated with applying for college.
- Internet Access: Eligible for discounted rates on internet services.
- School Meals: Free or reduced prices on delicious and nutritious meals.
- Summer School, and more!
Fill out the online meal application today and get started!
GPS Title I Family and Community Engagement
A key component of an effective Title I School Program is increasing Parent and Community Engagement in the education of children. Research has shown that students who have the support of their families are more successful in school and ultimately more prepared for college and career upon graduation. Families are encouraged to participate in school activities, share their ideas and attend Title I meetings.