About the Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment Department
Gilbert Public Schools is recognized for its rigorous, well-defined curriculum, and for the quality of innovative programs and extra-curricular activities. Across the curriculum, critical thinking skills are fostered in students in an effort to equip them with effective problem-solving and decision-making abilities. The curriculum also incorporates state-of-the-art technology tools and integrated instruction to prepare students for college and career readiness.
Gilbert Public Schools is proud to be a leader in the state as evidenced by our letter “A” grade from the Arizona Department of Education and recent acknowledgement by College Board as an Advanced Placement Honor Roll District. These high marks are indications of the quality of the total K-12 educational experience provided by teachers, administrators and support staff, and reflect the high level of parent involvement and support our schools receive.
Gilbert Public Schools continues to work diligently to provide standards-based instruction so that student learning is at the level of rigor required by the Arizona Academic Standards. Teachers collaborate and meet regularly in their Professional Learning Communities to create and implement research-based instructional strategies to support high levels of learning for all students.
We look forward to our continued partnership as we strive to provide an exemplary education for all students.
The Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment Department oversees:
- Elementary Curriculum
- Secondary Curriculum
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of schools and District support functions, including analyses and report of annual AzMerit State Assessments, Arizona
- Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS) and Letter Grade results;
- Reporting student achievement and demographic data to multiple offices;
- Developing and maintaining the District’s assessments and benchmarks;
- Ensuring proper administration of state and federally mandated assessments;
- Collaborating with Teaching and Learning's Departments and schools to ensure continuity and validity in data.