Gilbert Classical Academy Application Information
Gilbert Classial Academy is accepting applications for the 2024/25 school year (click here to apply!). See below for the Enrollment Timeline for Important Dates, and GCA Admission Policies and Procedures.
Interested in learning more about the Academy and what it means to be a Spartan?
- Request to take a tour of our campus (now available to book!)
- View our GCA informational video
- View our virtual tour video today
2024/25 Enrollment Timeline
- GCA Family Preview Night - Monday, February 12th @ 6pm
- A perfect opportunity for interested parents and students to meet our Gilbert Classical Academy teachers/staff, learn about the course offerings, and talk with current GCA student Ambassadors to get the inside scoop about what it is like to be a Spartan.
- Required Finalization Meeting - Tuesday, April 2nd @ 6pm
- This is for newly accepted families enrolling in the 24/25 school year. Parents/guardians are required to attend; students are encouraged, but not required to attend.
- Required GCA Math Diagnostic Test - Saturday, April 13th @ 9am to 11am. 7th grade only. Check below which situation your student is in:
A.) If your 6th grade student is attending a GPS school AND is taking honors, advanced, or accelerated math course (Math 7), then your student will be tested at their current elementary school. They will not take GCA Math Diagnostic Test.
B.) If your 6th grade student is attending a NON-GPS school, then your student will be required to take the GCA Math Diagnostic Test.
C.) If you 6th grade student is attending a GPS school and on-level in math (Math 6), then your student will be required to take the GCA Math Diagnostic Test.
GCA Virtual Tour
GCA Admission Policies & Procedures
Each incoming 7th grader will be admitted or waitlisted on a date designated by administration. A lottery system will be utilized, if necessary, based on the following priorities:
- Siblings of students currently attending the non-boundary school.
- Children of current school employees, with a cap of 20% (including children who are a sibling of another enrolled student).
- Children residing within Gilbert Public Schools' boundaries and out-of-district residents attending a Gilbert Public School.
- Children that are nonresidents of Gilbert Public Schools and are not attending a Gilbert Public School. After the lottery for incoming 7th graders is held, new applicants and those in grades 8th through 10th will be placed on the waitlist in order of the receipt of the application.
At both the elementary and secondary levels, the physical capacity of the school building and classrooms; availability of staff; capacity in special programs; and availability of other resources may be considered before placement of a student into a district-wide program or school is approved.
Gilbert Classical Academy has no admissions standards for 7th or 8th grade; however, students may be required to do summer school work in order to prepare them for the rigors of the academics of the Academy.
Students entering the Academy for the 9th grade must have completed Algebra 1 in the 8th grade. An official transcript/report card must be submitted at the time of enrollment.
10th Grade/11th Grade
The applicant's high school transcript must be submitted for review to ensure that the student will meet GCA's graduation requirements by their senior year.
Completion of online applications or acceptance of an offer of enrollment does not constitute actual enrollment. Parents must complete registration in the spring to be enrolled in the school. Failure to submit the enrollment paperwork by the school's deadline will result in the non-enrollment of the student.
If a family rejects or does not respond to an offer of enrollment, they are removed from the waitlist and must reapply if they wish to enroll in a future year. If a family does not receive an enrollment offer by the end of the year (i.e. they remain on the waitlist), their application will “rollover” to the next year. Applications that “rollover” are given priority over new applications. Please remember to inform the office of any changes in contact information.