WINTER BREAK FOR HOLIDAY CAMP (December 21-January 4) WILL ONLY BE HELD AT FINLEY FARMS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL, 375 S. COLUMBUS DRIVE, GILBERT 85296.REGISTRATION IN ELEYO WILL SHOW THE REGULAR HOLIDAY CAMP LOCATIONS (Playa del Rey, Spectrum & Superstition Springs Elementary Schools). PLEASE REGISTER/SCHEDULE AT ONE OF THESE LOCATIONS.
Amanecer qualifying students will begin online instruction on Thursday, August 6, 2020. Amanecer tuition students will begin classes when in-person instruction is open. These students placements and tuition will be held until in-person instruction resumes. The first month paid tuition will be applied to the 1st month attendance is allowed.
Amanecer Developmental Preschool is a play-based program aligned with the Arizona Department of Education Early Learning Standards with a focus on critical thinking skills and social-emotional development.
Amanecer Preschool is for families with 3-5-year-olds and is offered at most GPS elementary schools three or four days per week.
This play-based program is aligned with the Arizona Department of Education Early Learning Standards, with a focus on critical thinking skills and social/emotional development. Thematic units are explored by students using a variety of learning styles and modalities, which in turn, ignites curiosity and encourages sustained attention. The program is supplemented using Handwriting without Tears and Creative Curriculum intentional learning materials. Typically developing peers and those with developmental delays work together and grow in one inclusive environment. Instruction is individualized based upon ongoing progress monitoring (Teaching Strategies GOLD) so the teacher knows what a child knows and what they are ready to learn next. GOLD is an authentic, ongoing observational system for assessing children from birth through Kindergarten. It helps teachers observe children in the context of everyday experiences, which is an effective way to learn what they know and can do.
Preschool Screening: Early Intervention & Developmental Delays Information
Preschool Immunizations Information
Preschool Online Enrollment Steps (Registration, Payment, & Annual Update Information)
Registration for the current school year as well as the upcoming 2021–22 school year is now available!
If you have concerns about your child's development, do not enroll your child as a tuition student at this time, but instead follow the instructions for the preschool screening process above. Please call 480-497-3461 with any questions.
Registration Information & Tuition Fees
Registration Fee: $50.00/year
- Tuition is $220 each month for 3 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday), 2 ½ hours per day
- Tuition is $260 each month for 4 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday), 2 ½ hours per day
Registration fees and 1st-month tuition are due at registration and are both non-refundable.
Learn More About Amanecer Developmental Preschool
Amanecer preschool provides opportunities for your child to:
- Develop an enjoyment for learning
- Explore and investigate for deeper knowledge
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Receive instruction from a certified teacher with the assistance of trained paraprofessionals
- Build friendships with a variety of peers
- Develop creativity
- Learn how to be part of a classroom community
- Receive individualized instruction informed by rigorous on-going progress monitoring data analysis
- Build social-emotional competence
- Build communication skills
- Develop fine and gross motor physical skills
- Develop pre-academic knowledge and skills
- Engage in purposeful and productive play experiences that foster memory development, symbolic thinking, positive approaches to learning, positive social and language skills, math skills, and self-regulation instruction.
- The Handwriting Without Tears® curriculum draws from years of innovation and research to provide developmentally appropriate, multi-sensory tools and strategies for your classroom. The program follows research that demonstrates children learn more effectively by actively doing, with materials that address all styles of learning.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool is based on five fundamental principles. They guide practice and help us understand the reasons for intentionally setting up and operating preschool programs in particular ways. These are the principles:
- Positive interactions and relationships with adults provide a critical foundation for successful learning
- Social-emotional competence is a significant factor in school success.
- Constructive, purposeful play supports essential learning.
- The physical environment affects the type and quality of learning interactions.
- Teacher–family partnerships promote development and learning.
- Our instruction is aligned to the Arizona Early Learning State Standards developed by the Arizona Department of Education.