Kindergarten Prep is a 20 student program taught by a certified teacher with a classroom assistant, designed to give your child a jump start on becoming a prepared and eager Gilbert Public Schools student ready for the rigors of Kindergarten!
K-Prep Preschool registration is now available for the 2020–2021 school year! Please Note: Tuition registration for the 2019–2020 school year is now closed. All information is updated to reflect the upcoming 2020–2021 school year.
Kindergarten Prep - New Family Registration
If your family is new to Gilbert Public Schools, and you do not currently have any students enrolled at any of our schools, please begin the enrollment process with New Family Registration.
Kindergarten Prep - Existing Family Registration & Payments
If you have already registered a student in an Amanecer or Kindergarten Prep Preschool within the past few years, please submit your registration and payments using your existing account. Once logged in, click the registration tab to register for a class.
Learn More About Kindergarten Prep Preschool
Kindergarten Prep curriculum focuses on literacy and academic content in an intentionally developed preschool environment. It is aligned with the Arizona Department of Education Early Learning Standards, and is supplemented with: Fundations, Handwriting Without Tears, We Thinkers! Social-Emotional curriculum, STEM and Unplugged Coding activities.
New for the 2020–2021 school year! Traditional Kindergarten Prep, offered at Canyon Rim and Spectrum Elementary, is designed to give students that will be attending a Traditional Kindergarten a jumpstart on their educational pathway. Students will participate in primary language arts (Spalding), math (Saxon Math K), science, music, art, and physical education through hands-on discovery and other age-appropriate activities. Kindergarten Prep teachings are aligned with the Arizona Department of Education Early Learning Standards.
Over the course of the year, your child will experience growth in the following areas:
- Acquire language and literacy skills
- Develop listening skills
- Gain problem solving and logical thinking skills
- Use new skills in play experiences
Social and Emotional Development
- Cultivate a positive attitude
- Explore an active community with a rich diversity
- Practice cooperation and respectful ways to resolve conflicts
- Experience a growing sense of self-esteem
- Refine gross and fine motor skills
- Gain confidence in physical capabilities
- Use all senses for total learning
Doing = Learning
- Active learning promotes concept retention and skills development, so we've built participation into every phase of our pre-K curriculum:
- Language and Literacy
- Letter and word games
- Singing and storytelling
- Dramatic/pretend play
Math and Science
- Counting and measuring
- Object classification
- Nature discovery
- Arts and crafts
- Music and movement
Fine Motor Development
- Block construction
- Puzzles and toys
- Sand and water play
Gross Motor Development
- Outdoor games
Registration Fee & Tuition
If you are interested in our Kindergarten-Prep preschool program but have concerns regarding payment of the first month in full at registration, please call 480-497-3461 to discuss options.
Registration Fee: $50/year
Tuition overview (see registration website for complete details on each option):
- AM Classes – 5 days per week, $320 per month (Mon–Fri, 8:30–11:30 am)
- PM Classes – 4 days per week, $280 per month (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, 12:15–3:15 pm)
- FULL DAY Classes – 5 days per week, $720 per month (8:00 am–3:00 pm Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri & 8:00 am–2:00 Wed) Please note: extended hours available for an additional $120 per month These extended hours will be in the Building Blocks program and are available 6:30 am–6:00 pm (this option may be selected during the registration process).
Both the registration fee and the first month's tuition are due at the time of registration and are both non-refundable.
Kindergarten Prep Program by School Location
|School||Location||K-Prep AM Session||K-Prep PM Session|
|Ashland Ranch Elementary||1945 S. Ashland Ranch, Gilbert, AZ||8:30–11:30 am||12:15–3:15 pm|
|Canyon Rim Elementary (Traditional K-Prep)||3045 South Canyon Rim, Mesa, AZ||FULL DAY 8 am–3 pm||FULL DAY 8 am–3 pm|
|Highland Park Elementary||230 North Cole Drive, Gilbert, AZ||8:30–11:30 am||12:15–3:15 pm|
|Houston Elementary||500 E. Houston Ave., Gilbert, AZ||8:30–11:30 am||12:15–3:15 pm|
|Meridian Elementary||3900 South Mountain Road, Mesa, AZ||8:30–11:30 am||12:15–3:15 pm|
|Spectrum Elementary (Traditional K-Prep)||2846 South Spectrum Way, Gilbert, AZ||8:30–11:30 am||12:15–3:15 pm|
|Superstition Springs Elementary||7125 E. Monterey Ave., Mesa, AZ||8:30–11:30 am||12:15–3:15 pm|
|Val Vista Lakes Elementary||1030 N. Blue Grotto Dr., Gilbert, AZ||8:30–11:30 am||12:15–3:15 pm|
School Closure Screening Information
Preschool Screening: Early Intervention & Developmental Delays Information
Preschool Immunizations Information
Preschool Online Enrollment Steps (Registration, Payment, & Annual Update Information)