Building Blocks Summer Overview
GPS Summer Camp Registration for ALL Programs will open on March 5th.
Kindercamp Summer (for students 3 to 6-years-old) is the perfect place to make new friends learn new things, have fun and be safe. Our summer program has a low staff to student ratio with specialized instructors for the many age-appropriate activities that will be offered to keep your child’s body active and their minds stimulated throughout the summer.
Activities include music & finger play, counting, measuring, fine motor skills, scientific wonders, arts & crafts, sports/active games, computers, toy & construction areas, cooking, and water days. Every week each campus will have a special theme, water day, and an in-house field trip. Students must be independently potty trained.
Kindercamp Summer School Locations:
Campo Verde High, Greenfield Junior High, and Mesquite High Schools
Regular Camp Hours: 8:45 am to 3:15 pm
Extended Camp Hours: 6:30 am to 6:00 pm
GPS Summer Camps provide a variety of programs and schedules to fit the community needs. Upon registration, families can select a program and schedule for the summer. Modification to contracts can be requested in the Eleyo system, requests will be reviewed, approved or denied based on availability of the specific program. We offer 3 types of contracts (schedules) during the summer.
- Consistent Contract: Select this option if your child will need the same day(s), session and weeks for the entire time Summer Camp is in session.
- Pick Your Week Contract: Select this option if your child will need a Monday-Friday schedule for particular weeks during the time Summer Camp is in session.
- Pick Your Days Contract: Select this option if your child will need a mix of days/sessions your child will be needing during the time Summer Camp is in session.
Billing and Payments
A non-refundable registration fee will be due at time of registration. During Summer Camp, we will be invoicing every two weeks. Once the account has been invoiced, you WILL NOT be able to make changes to the dates that were invoiced. Payments received after the due date will be assessed a $25.00 late fee any day thereafter. Payments will not be accepted at the Summer Camp locations.
Fee Schedule and Hours of Operation
Registration Fee: $35 (includes 1 camp T-shirt)
Regular Day: $35 per day, or $157.50 per Monday-Friday schedule -- 8:45 am to 3:15 pm
Extended Day: $40 per day, or $180 per Monday-Friday schedule -- 6:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Gilbert Public Schools Employee Discount - 25% off all payment schedules
- Sibling Discount - 5% off all payment schedules, as long as the sibling is registered for one of our summer camp programs.
Note: Only one discount may apply.
Gilbert Public Schools tax ID number for claiming child care expenses: 86-6000530.
No Credits or Refunds for Vacation/Unused/Sick Days, NO EXCEPTIONS
- A snack and drink will be provided in the mornings and afternoons.
- Children attending full day will also receive breakfast and an additional afternoon snack.
- Lunches are provided during Kindercamp Summer or students may bring his/her own sack lunch from home.
Kindercamp Site Phone Numbers (please save these phone numbers in your cell phones):
Campo Verde HS – Text Curb Side Drop off/Pickup - 480.818.3301, Site Phone - 480.818.0154
Greenfield Junior HS - Text Curb Side Drop off/Pickup - 480.818.1843, Site Phone - 480.818.2690
Mesquite HS – Text Curb Side Drop off/Pickup – 480.818.8316, Site Phone – 480.818.1752
Contact Gilbert Public Schools Community Education Office
Office Hours: Monday–Thursday 8:00 am–4:30 pm & Friday 8:00 am–12:00 pm (closed Fridays in June/July)
Note: Gilbert Public Schools Community Education Department has computer terminals available to use at our office at 6839 East Guadalupe Road in Mesa, Arizona, for preschool enrollment for families without online access.