What is Concurrent Enrollment?
Students currently enrolled at a "brick and mortar" campus may opt to take courses online in addition to their normal class load. This is called concurrently enrolling, since the student would be enrolled at GPS Global Academy in addition to their home GPS school.
The work for these classes generally takes place outside of normal school hours, but students can choose when and where they wish to work.
All decisions regarding distance learning should be discussed with your campus counselor. These courses are not for everyone!
Is Online Learning For Me?
Online learning is not for everyone, but if you can answer YES to the following questions, online learning may be for you:
- Do I enjoy being a self-taught learner?
- Do I enjoy reading and doing assignments from a computer?
- Do I have 1-2 hours a day to spend working on my course?
- Am I motivated to get my school work done on time?
- These classes will be student-led, meaning that the student will set the pace of learning and the teacher will facilitate in the background -- grading work and providing feedback and support.
- Students will be provided 18 weeks to complete their course and take their final exam. They may choose to work ahead and finish sooner if they wish.
- There are no required live classes, but students must work to stay on pace.
- Students should expect to spend at least 5 hours per week working on their coursework.
- Instructions on how to pay for the online course will be emailed to the parent once the counselor has approved the course request.
- There will be a $160 tuition fee for each additional course above the district-provided maximum of 6 courses.
- Payment will be accepted using the InTouch payment system using a debt or credit card or by Cashier's Check/Money Order. This system is available via a link in the Infinite Campus parent portal.
- If a course fee is required, Global Academy will not enroll the student into the class until the fee is paid.
- Click the image above and complete a brief form.
- Global Academy's counselor will review your request and reach out to you if any further information is needed. The counselor will then approve your student's enrollment.
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to proceed:
- You will complete an online learning agreement, which outlines our school policies
- Your student will complete our 45-minute orientation course to learn how to succeed online
- You and your student will request classes
- Your student's counselor at their in-person school will review the class requests and make any necessary adjustments
- Global Academy staff will enroll you into the course at the start of the next enrollment period!
All Concurrent-Enrollment classes will begin on one of the following dates:
- July 25, 2023
- August 7, 2023
- August 21, 2023
- September 4, 2023
- September 18, 2023
- October 16, 2023
- October 30, 2023
- November 13, 2023
- November 27, 2023
- December 11, 2023
- January 8, 2024
- January 22, 2024
- February 5, 2024
- February 20, 2024
- March 4, 2024 (Last enrollment date for non-graduating students)
- March 25, 2024 (Graduating students only)
- April 8, 2024 (Graduating students only, last enrollment date for graduating students)
Course Drop Policy
- If you choose to drop a course within 30 days of enrollment, it will be dropped without grade penalty. Any drops made after 30 days of enrollment will result in a W/F (Withdraw/Fail) grade on the transcript. This grade will be replaced once the student completes the class.
- To receive a full course refund (not including any bank processing fee), parent must email GAonline@gilbertschools.net a drop request within FIVE business days of the course beginning. Please include the student's full name, ID#, course name and Drop Request in the subject line. Please allow up to 3 weeks for processing.