High school credit may be granted to students who satisfactorily complete college courses off-campus. Students must complete a collaborative credit form and secure permission from the administrator in charge of registration prior to taking the college course if they wish to receive high school credit.
District Guidelines for specific collaborative credit information are:
1. In order for a student to receive credit at the high school, your counselor and an administrator must sign the collaborative credit form prior to the start of this college class.
2. The following GPS core classes cannot be taken at any Community College or University and must be taken at a high school in order to receive credit:
- the four English credits
- the first three Science credits
- the first four Math credits
- all three Social Studies credits
3. Any courses taken are subject to prior approval by a counselor and administrator on the high school campus.
4. Classes earning between three (3) and five (5) credit hours will receive one-half credit (.5) to be awarded toward graduation requirements.
5. GPS will not accept Community College or University classes as weighted grades.
6. Upon successful completion of the college class, it is the student’s responsibility to provide the high school Registrar with a copy of the Official Transcript.