Hybrid Option Policies
The following Hybrid Option policies apply to all students, in addition to all policies outlined in the GPS Student Handbook.
To facilitate the purpose of Gilbert Global Academy Hybrid Option, regular attendance is extremely important. The Hybrid Option meets for a total of 5 nights (four nights of in-person instruction and one night for the final exam) for a total of 12.5 hours.
All absences are considered unexcused.
- Teachers will take in-class attendance in Infinite Campus.
- Participants who miss more than one class period are subject to withdrawal from their course.
- Note: If there are extenuating circumstances, the parent/guardian should promptly arrange to meet with the Global Academy Coordinator.
- In addition, if it is necessary for a student to leave before the 7:30 p.m. dismissal, he/she must check out through the site administrator.
- A tardy of more than 10 minutes is considered an absence.
- Leaving more than 10 minutes early is considered an absence.
Global Academy coursework can be completed on any computer with internet access and the Google Chrome browser. We are pleased to be able to offer computers to students who do not have access to a suitable computer at home.
Global Academy Chromebook Check-Out policy:
- Students in grades 7-12 will be issued one Chromebook and one power cord.
- If the device and/or power cord is lost or damaged, the student will be required to create a Chromebook Service request form. Parents can purchase a $25 Device Protection Plan for the year to minimize the potential repair and/or replacement costs associated with the device.
- Parents and students who choose NOT to purchase the Device Protection Plan are responsible for 100% of all repair and replacement costs for the device. Repair prices are estimates, as exact cost for each repair will be made upon further inspection of the damaged device. Damage levels and costs can be found in the Student Device Handbook.
- If the Chromebook has been stolen, a police report must be filed by the parent/guardian within 24 hours upon discovery of the theft. A copy of the police report needs to be turned into the school. The student will not be issued another Chromebook until the issue has been resolved.
It is possible that students may find material on the Internet that parents consider objectionable. Although students may be supervised when they use the Internet, this does not guarantee that students will not access inappropriate materials. GPS guidelines for accessing the Internet prohibit access to material that is inappropriate in the school environment. Students should report inappropriate access of material to a teacher, other staff persons, or their parents. Parents are encouraged to discuss responsible use of the Internet with their children and how this responsibility includes using the Internet at school, as well as from home.
Please refer to the Student Device Handbook for specific policies regarding Chromebook use and care.
Students taking hybrid classes must follow the same discipline guidelines as those in all other GPS classes. Students whose behavior disrupts the learning process may be subjective to removal from the course, without refund.
Student behavior is outlined in the signed Awareness Contract. This signed contract is kept on file with Global Academy each school year.
Food & Drink Policy
Students are allowed bottled water and a packaged snack. There are no microwaves or refrigerators available for student use.
There will be at least one 10 minute break during each in-person class session. All breaks will be at the discretion of the classroom teacher. Students are encouraged to use the restroom during this break time, or when the teacher is not delivering direct instruction.
Students are responsible for their own transportation to Global Academy.
Final Exam Policy
Final exams are given during the last class of the session. All students must attend class the day the final will be proctored. An absence on exam day will jeopardize credit for the course.
Students must complete all coursework and pass the final exam with a grade of 60% or better in order to receive credit for the course. Students who fail the final exam will be allowed one retry no later than one week after their first attempt.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- Cancellations made more than 7 days prior to the start of class will result in a full refund of tuition fees.
- If a cancellation is requested less than seven days prior to the start of class, we will refund 50% of tuition fees.
- No refunds will be granted after the start of class, for any reason.