GPS Schools COVID-19 Dashboard
The purpose of the data included in this dashboard is to provide a transparent summary of active, reported, positive COVID-19 cases by school. An active case can be a student or staff member that has been participating in on-campus activities and has tested positive for COVID-19. Upon notification of a positive case, extensive procedures and protocols are immediately actioned by our district and campuses including exclusion from participation in any in-person/on-campus activity until the registered nurse verifies that the individual meets the return criteria set by state and local health authorities. Once an individual is cleared to return to campus they are no longer considered an active case and their case is removed from the dashboard count and added to the resolved cases count.
Please note, Gilbert Public Schools is following the Maricopa County Department of Health guidelines with regard to notifying employees and student families of positive COVID-19 cases.
Parent Notifications of Positive Case
1. General exposure letter sent to parents/guardians of students who have been in class with or on a transportation route with a reported positive case.
2. Close contact letter and text message to students who are believed to have been near a positive student or staff member.
3. Following contact tracing and recommendations from Maricopa County Department of Public Health parent/guardians of students determined in need of quarantined will receive a phone call.
Please note, notifications regarding bus routes are sent out to all eligible riders on those routes.
Disclaimer: All COVID-19 data shared by Gilbert Public Schools (GPS) is for informational purposes only. This information is based on reports to the district from other sources that have not been independently verified. GPS confers with Maricopa County Health Department to track COVID-19 cases and trace close contacts.
The dashboard below is updated on Monday–Friday during school days. Last updated 10/26/2021 at 6:30 a.m. (Refresh your browser to see the latest updates.)
GPS Current Active Confirmed COVID Cases, by Schools
|School||Total Students and Staff On This Campus||Current Active Confirmed COVID Cases||%||Resolved Cases (21/22 School Year)|
|ASHLAND RANCH ELEMENTARY||779||0||0.00%||2|
|AUGUSTA RANCH ELEMENTARY||984||1||0.10%||21|
|BOULDER CREEK ELEMENTARY||573||2||0.35%||11|
|CAMPO VERDE HIGH||2101||0||0.00%||75|
|CANYON RIM ELEMENTARY||837||2||0.24%||32|
|CAROL RAE ELEMENTARY||621||1||0.16%||23|
|DESERT RIDGE HIGH||2578||2||0.08%||141|
|DESERT RIDGE JR HIGH||1099||3||0.27%||41|
|FINLEY FARMS ELEMENTARY||660||0||0.00%||10|
|GILBERT CLASSICAL ACADEMY||737||0||0.00%||9|
|GREENFIELD JR HIGH||1234||4||0.32%||25|
|HIGHLAND JR HIGH||1128||1||0.09%||18|
|HIGHLAND PARK ELEMENTARY||859||0||0.00%||14|
|MESQUITE JR HIGH||971||2||0.21%||29|
|NEELY TRADITIONAL ELEMENTARY||828||4||0.48%||34|
|OAK TREE ELEMENTARY||483||0||0.00%||28|
|PLAYA DEL REY ELEMENTARY||501||2||0.40%||18|
|QUARTZ HILL ELEMENTARY||546||1||0.18%||12|
|RISE JUNIOR HIGH PROGRAM||43||0||0.00%||1|
|SETTLERS POINT ELEMENTARY||639||0||0.00%||17|
|SONOMA RANCH ELEMENTARY||553||0||0.00%||28|
|SOUTH VALLEY JR HIGH||951||2||0.21%||23|
|SUPERSTITION SPRINGS ELEMENTARY||802||2||0.25%||20|
|TOWNE MEADOWS ELEMENTARY||763||1||0.13%||25|
|VAL VISTA LAKES ELEMENTARY||586||1||0.17%||22|
Total Percentage: 0.12%
Please note: In order to be included in the numbers above, all cases meet the following criteria:
- Reported positive case of COVID-19
- Letters were sent out notifying staff/students
- Currently active - Person is excluded from being on campus
- The person was on campus
- Resolved Cases: Once an individual is cleared to return to school or work and is no longer considered an active case, their case is removed from the dashboard "Current Active Confirmed COVID Cases" count and added to "Resolved Cases."