Asynchronous classes are student-paced, meaning the student decides how quickly to move through the course. In this model, the teacher is available if the student has questions about the course and to grade assignments that are submitted.
- Asynchronous courses are only an option for 7th through 12th grade students.
- These classes are scheduled for 9-week intervals
In an asynchronous class:
- Students move at their own pace throughout the course
- There are no scheduled live virtual lessons
- The teacher's role is to grade, provide feedback, and be available if a student needs assistance
- Classes can be scheduled at any time and last for 9 weeks. If a student is working but needs more time we can offer a small amount of extra time
- There is no limit on the number of students who can enroll in the course
- If an asynchronous student wishes to have more time, what should they do? The student should fill out the schedule change request form, located on the GGA website (http://www.gilbertschools.net/global)
Year-Long Courses are indicated by an "A/B" in their course number (e.g. EN105A/BOS). Each segment of the course indicates one semester and is worth 0.5 credit. Therefore, you must take both halves of the course (e.g. EN105AOS and EN105BOS) to receive a full year (1.0) credit for the course.