Emergency Preparedness Overview
- Each school in the district has a Site Level Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) that is reviewed and updated annually by the Safety & Security Department.
- All site administrators and safety team members are encouraged to obtain certification on the Incident Command Structure via FEMA/NIMS training courses.
- The Gilbert and Mesa Police and Fire Departments have access to all school Emergency Operations Plans including locations of critical building infrastructure, schedules, and maps of the school site.
- The District Emergency Response Team (DERT) meets regularly to review, assess, and update plans and protocols. The team comprises key administrators who have knowledge on how to proceed with supporting schools during a crisis.
- The District has a district wide Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) that is reviewed and updated annually by the Safety & Security Department and meets all requirements of the Arizona Department of Education.
- Site level Threat Vulnerability Assessments (TVA’s) are conducted regularly by the Gilbert and Mesa Police Departments.
Keep Your Student's Emergency Contacts Updated
In order to ensure that we can communicate with families regarding their student, or in case of an emergency, it is essential that families keep their emergency contact information up to date in their Infinite Campus account. Please contact your student's school directly for assistance with your Infinite Campus account.
Guide: Emergency Information for Families
If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.
Reunification Videos for Families
Last Modified on July 6, 2022