Gilbert Public Schools provides early intervention/special education services to 3 to 5-year-old children with qualifying developmental delays in the following areas: motor, social, speech/language, cognitive or adaptive behavior development. Eligibility is determined through formal assessment procedures.
Many articulation errors could be developmentally appropriate for preschoolers. Click here to see which sounds are expected to be mastered by the end of each year of age.
Special Education Preschool Eligibility Process (Child Find)
If you are concerned with your child's development and live within the Gilbert Public School boundaries, we offer free screenings, by appointment only.
To begin the referral process, you will need to:
- Complete an Infinite Campus registration for the 2024 year, choosing Advantage Preschool as the enrollment grade.
Infinite Campus: New Family Registration | Existing GPS Family Registration or www.gilbertschools.net/enroll
Please Note: Enter the child during the online enrollment as an "enrolling student" , "GPS Holding" as the campus and "Requesting Child Find Screening" on the New/Returning drop down menu.
For help with an existing Infinite Campus account, click here If you have created a profile previously but never created your Parent Portal access, you will need to follow the instructions on the help page to activate your Parent Portal, then complete the registration via your Parent Portal.
- Upload your child’s birth certificate and your proof of residency during the Infinite Campus Registration.
- If there are any court orders or custody papers pertaining to this child, bring the documents to the screening/evaluation so they may be included in the file.
If screening results indicate the need for an evaluation, the district will conduct the evaluation (screening location map). Weekly Child Find screenings are held by appointment only.
If the student is determined eligible under the Arizona Department of Education guidelines, an IEP is developed and the student will be offered services to address the student's needs.
Transfer Students: If your child has been evaluated by another school district, and has a current or expired IEP/MET, please complete the Infinite Campus registration, choosing Advantage Preschool as the enrollment grade and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain additional transfer student information. You will need to send in your child’s original evaluation report and their most recent IEP.
- If you have already downloaded a screening application, you may upload it to the submission form below. The screening submission form will not be available after March 31, 2023.
- Proceed to upload the completed screening application, childcare questionnaire along with your child's original birth certificate, a current gas/water/electric bill in a parent's name, and a current picture of your child to the online screening submission form. Please Note: If there are any court orders or custody papers pertaining to this child, upload the documents on the screening submission form so they may be included in the file.
***All days, times and locations are subject to change.***
If you live within the Gilbert Public School district boundaries and have additional questions, please contact the Preschool Office at 480-497-3471.
This screening process is initiated through the Special Education district preschool office located at:
Gilbert Public Schools District
Special Education Preschool Office
Hours: Mon-Thur 8 am- 4 pm, Fri 8 am-2 pm
Closed Fridays During Summer