Online Summer School @ Global Academy
Global Academy will hold two online summer school sessions for students. These sessions are designed to be an intensive work sessions. There will be no extensions granted for students who are not able to complete their course in the provided time frame. Students may continue their unfinished coursework when the fall semester begins, with the approval of their counselor.
Summer School Session Dates:
Session 1 Dates: June 1 - July 31
Session 2 Dates: July 1- August 31
It is recommended that students plan to utilize 3-4 hours per day to work on their online summer school course, in order to complete it in this short timeframe.
Course Drop Policy
- If you choose to drop a course within 30 days of enrollment, it will be dropped without grade penalty. Any drops made after 30 days of enrollment will result in a W/F (Withdraw/Fail) grade on the transcript. This grade will be replaced once the student completes the class.
- To receive a full course refund (not including any bank processing fee), parent must email GAonline@gilbertschools.net a drop request within FIVE business days of the course beginning. Please include the student's full name, ID#, course name and Drop Request in the subject line. Please allow up to 3 weeks for processing.
All parts of the final exams for each course (some have one part, others have up to three) must be passed (60% or better) in order to receive credit for that course. The final exam grade does NOT count as the course grade; rather, when the student passes the final exam the course grade will be calculated as a combination of course assignments, quizzes, module tests, and the final exam.
When students reach the end of their course lessons, they will receive approval from their instructor to take the final exam. Students must be cleared by their instructor in order to take a final exam.
In-person final exam testing procedure:
- Once ready for the exam, students will need to schedule time at a testing location in order to take the final exam in person. All final exams must be taken in person, under the supervision of a certified proctor. Students should bring photo ID to their testing session (a school ID or drivers license, for example).
- Full-time Global Academy students will test in the Global Academy testing center, located at 55 N Greenfield Road in Gilbert. During the school year, students attending a Gilbert school may schedule final exam testing at their own school sites. Global Academy may also be used, if needed.
- The Global Academy testing center is open on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 1:00 pm to 3:30 pm. School site testing schedules vary.
- To schedule a final exam, students will follow the link found in Buzz, under the 'Request Final Exam Clearance' assignment.
For more information, please see this document (click here).
Summer School Chromebook Policy
Students enrolled in a summer school course will need to have their Chromebook with them on the first day of class. These students will need to show their summer school payment receipt to their home school media specialist in order to check their Chromebook out for the summer school session.
For online courses, any internet-connected computer will work for all online coursework.