Half-Day Kindergarten at Burk Elementary
GPS offers a half-day kindergarten option at Burk Elementary.
Half-day kindergarten provides the core kindergarten curriculum in a morning half-day format. The program focuses on preparing students for success in 1st grade and offers opportunities for students to attend classes such as art and music towards the end of the school year as part of an extended day.
Half-day kindergarten is open to kindergarten age students within GPS boundaries and beyond. Transportation is provided.
Burk Elementary is a highly supportive school environment with an 'A' rating from the Arizona Department of Education.
- Support is provided for the whole child, and class sizes are small.
- Highly qualified, certified teacher with Instructional Assistant for additional student support.
- Open to Kindergarten age students within GPS boundaries and beyond.
- 1/2 day Kindergarten delivers the core Kindergarten curriculum in a half-day compressed format and is offered at Burk Elementary, in the AM.
- Towards the end of the school year the program provides extended day opportunities to attend classes such as art and music, and lunch in the cafeteria, to prepare for first grade.
Kindergarten Events Happening Now & You're Invited!
All 26 elementary schools are hosting Kindergarten events to welcome new families and students onto our campuses, where you can meet the teachers, tour the school, and prepare for Kinder! Learn more about your local elementary and all of the different options available to you and your family throughout our district.
To find your local school, visit gilbertschools.net/boundaries
To learn about all the Kindergarten choices in our district click on the links below:
- 1/2 Day Kinder at Burk Elementary
- Spanish Dual Language Kinder at Gilbert Elementary
- Traditional Kinder at Canyon Rim, Neely Traditional Academy, and Spectrum
- Accelerated Kinder at Highland Park, Playa del Rey, Meridian, Quartz Hill, and Val Vista Lakes
To find out the dates of Kindergarten events, please visit the school website.
Kindergarten Readiness Events for Families
- Schedule a School Tour - Please take the opportunity to schedule a tour at any of our elementary schools to learn more about their Kindergarten offerings, meet the Principal and teachers, and tour the campus.
- PreK - All the Way! - This summer program supports families whose children are entering kindergarten and have never attended preschool. Children will follow a preschool routine, doing activities that support learning and the development of fine motor skills. Registration opens in the spring. Visit our website to learn more.