Welcome to Kindergarten!
We are so excited that you have selected Augusta Ranch School for kindergarten. We have a veteran staff of teachers that love Kindergarten and have taught this grade band for years.
Kinder teachers have magic in their lesson delivery, hold tons of love and patience, and will dedicate all of their efforts to make this kinder grade impression the best ever for your child. We are committed to designing lessons that capture the imagination and instill the love of learning. We are here to partner with you on this Kindergarten journey and can’t wait for next year to begin.
- Mrs. Clement
- Mrs. Selles
- Mrs. Abel
- Mrs. Clower
Please never hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have at 480-635-2011. We look forward to hearing from you!
Terrie Barnes, Proud Principal of Augusta Ranch
We are excited to welcome your kindergartner to Augusta Ranch Elementary! To learn more about our school please take a look around our website and if you would like, please schedule a tour.
Kindergarten Events Happening Now & You're Invited!
All 26 elementary schools are hosting Kindergarten events to welcome new families and students onto our campuses, where you can meet the teachers, tour the school, and prepare for Kinder! Learn more about your local elementary and all of the different options available to you and your family throughout our district.
To find your local school, visit gilbertschools.net/boundaries
To learn about all the Kindergarten choices in our district click on the links below:
- 1/2 Day Kinder at Burk Elementary
- Spanish Dual Language Kinder at Gilbert Elementary
- Traditional Kinder at Canyon Rim, Neely Traditional Academy, and Spectrum
- Accelerated Kinder at Highland Park, Playa del Rey, Meridian, Quartz Hill, and Val Vista Lakes
To find out the dates of Kindergarten events, please visit the school website.
Kindergarten Readiness Events for Families
- Pave the Path for GPS Preschoolers - Children currently enrolled in a GPS preschool program at our elementary schools will participate in the ‘Pave the Path’ experience the week of March 27-31, allowing them a chance to spend time in a kindergarten classroom interacting with kindergarten students and teachers. If your student is currently in one of our preschool programs, please look out for communications from your school.
- Kindergarten Readiness (Pre-Kindergarten Parents and students Event), April 12, 6 pm to 8 pm, Community Education - Parents of soon-to-be kindergartners can attend this GPS Parent University course on April 12 from 6 pm to 8 pm at our Community Education building. Parents will be taught some engaging, hands-on learning activities that they can replicate at home to help their children become successful members of a classroom community.
- PreK - All the Way! - This summer program supports families whose children are entering kindergarten and have never attended preschool. Children will follow a preschool routine, doing activities that support learning and the development of fine motor skills. Registration opens in the spring. Visit our website to learn more.
- Schedule a Tour - Please take the opportunity to schedule a tour at any of our elementary schools to learn more about their Kindergarten offerings, meet the Principal and teachers, and tour the campus.