Important Alerts & Messages
Community Update May 29, 2020
Thursday, May 28, Gov. Doug Ducey announced Arizona schools will resume this fall, under guidance from the Arizona Department of Education (A.D.E.). Additional guidance from the A.D.E. is expected on June 1st. Our District Task Force continues to plan for a number of scenarios to ensure all our students have access to the high standard of education they are accustomed to as we begin a new school year. Please lookout for an email next week with a brief survey seeking your thoughts to inform our planning process. We will continue to communicate via email and with regular updates on our website www.gilbertschools.net. Thank you for your continued support.
El jueve 28 de mayo, el Gobernador Doug Ducey anunció que las escuelas de Arizona continuarán este otoño, bajo la guía del Departamento de Educación de Arizona (A.D.E.). Información adicional del A.D.E. se espera el 1 de junio. Nuestro Equipo de Fuerza Especial del Distrito continúa planificando una serie de escenarios para asegurar que todos nuestros estudiantes tengan el acceso al alto nivel de educación al que están acostumbrados al comenzar un nuevo año escolar. Por favor de estar atento a un correo electrónico la próxima semana con una breve encuesta buscando sus pensamientos para informar nuestro proceso de planificación. Seguiremos comunicándonos por correo electrónico y con actualizaciones periódicas en nuestro sitio de web www.gilbertschools.net. Gracias for su continuo apoyo.
UPDATE: PARENT TECH SUPPORT SERVICES, AS OF JUNE 1, 2020
Parents and staff may call the Helpdesk at (480) 497-3417 from (NEW HOURS) 7 am - 5:30 pm, Monday - Thursday if there is a technical issue with the district-issued device. After hours, parents and staff may leave a message.
If calling for a student, please have your child's name, campus, and Student ID number ready when you call to help us expedite the process. If needed, you will be asked to bring the device and/or charging cord to GPS Technology Services, 35 N. Greenfield Rd. for service or exchange equipment (Northeast corner of Greenfield Road and Elliot Road). A scheduled time will be arranged for drop off and pick up. Please do not drive to Technology Services without first speaking to our Helpdesk. For the safety of you and our staff, we will not have a walk-in service during this time.
Summer School Update
To ensure the health and safety of our students and staff, all GPS Summer School programs are going online. If your student is already registered for Summer School please expect communication with more information and the options available. At this time, no action is required of our students or families.
For more information on both Elementary and Secondary Summer School please visit https://www.gilbertschools.net/summerschool.
COVID-19 - Important Health and Safety Information for Gilbert Public Schools Community
- Maricopa County Information on Coronavirus
- CDC: COVID-19 Information
- CDC: Share Facts
- CDC: Frequently Asked Questions
- CDC: Frequently Asked Questions COVID-19 and Children
- CDC: Travel Information
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Resources
Gilbert Public Schools Communications
- Connect, Create, Care - Gilbert Public Schools Family Newsletter May 15th, 2020
- Connect, Create, Care - Gilbert Public Schools Family Newsletter May 8th, 2020
- Connect, Create, Care - Gilbert Public Schools Family Newsletter May 1st, 2020
- Connect, Create, Care - Gilbert Public Schools Family Newsletter April 24
- Connect, Create, Care - Gilbert Public Schools Family Newsletter April 17
- Connect, Create, Care - Gilbert Public Schools Family Newsletter April 9,2020
- Connect, Create, Care - Gilbert Public Schools Family Newsletter April 3, 2020
- Letter to Parents March 31, 2020 (pdf)
- Letter to Parents March 27, 2020 (pdf)
- Letter to Parents March 24, 2020 (pdf)
- Letter to Parents March 20, 2020 (pdf)
- Letter to Parents March 16, 2020 (pdf)
- Letter to Parents March 13, 2020 (pdf)
- Letter to Parents March 12, 2020 (pdf)
- Letter to Parents February 26, 2020 (pdf)
- Letter to Parents January 28, 2020 (pdf)
- Letter to Parents - Spanish (pdf)
Maricopa County Public Health Communications
MARCH 15, 2020 - Governor Doug Ducey And Superintendent Kathy Hoffman Announces Closure Of Arizona Schools To Address Staffing Shortages And Prioritize Arizona Children
COVID-19 - Frequently Asked Questions
What are the latest guidelines and recommendations from the office of Arizona Governor Doug Ducey?
Why are schools closed?
What is happening with Dual Credit?
Any resources on how to talk with children about COVID-19?
What is happening with Summer School?
Where do I find Global Academy updates?
Are there remote learning resources?
Information for special education students
Gifted Testing Updates Information
AP Advanced Placement - Updates from College Board
PSAT Testing Updates and Information
SAT Testing Updates Information
ACT Testing Updates and Information
Will the days missed be made up?
Will VIK and Preschools still be offered?
Keep Your Student's Emergency Contacts Updated
In order to ensure that we can communicate with families regarding their student, or in case of an emergency, it is essential that families keep their emergency contact information up to date in their Infinite Campus account.
The Gilbert Public School District’s Safety and Security Department is committed to providing a safe learning and working environment for all students, faculty, staff, and visitors. The Security Department is also tasked with protecting the district’s assets, as well as developing and implementing new innovative safety and security related protocols.