Boulder Creek provides a safe and inclusive learning environment that develops skills for a successful future.
Boulder Creek Photo Gallery
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Jim Leeper, Principal
It is my pleasure to be the principal of Boulder Creek! Before arriving at Boulder Creek in 2020, I was principal of Meridian Elementary in Gilbert Public Schools for 6 years. Prior to Meridian, I worked in the Mesa school district for 20 years as a teacher, dean of students, and assistant principal.
I grew up in Mesa, attended ASU and took my first job in education teaching junior high PE. I coached track for 13 years, freshman tennis for 7 years and high school cross country for 2 seasons. I’m married and live in Gilbert with my wife and children. In my free time, I enjoy being outdoors, mountain biking and seeing the Arizona scenery.
Boulder Creek has a dedicated staff who work diligently to ensure students are receiving the best learning opportunities. We have an active PTSO that supports our school vision. We have a community that helps foster our school vision through volunteering and classroom support.
Our vision statement is “Every Student Matters, Every Moment Counts.” Our staff genuinely cares for our students, and expects students’ best efforts every day. Go Bulldogs!
Principal, Boulder Creek Elementary
Boulder Creek Elementary Grading Philosophies
We believe all students can and will show growth by perorming at his/her personal best:
- All assigned work is important and must be turned in. Students who turn in late work (up to a week) may received up to 80% credit.
- If a student does not master an assessment he/she will have an opportunity to retake the assessment within one week, however must first completed 2 interventions. The highest score will be recorded.
- Unfinished class work may become homework.
- Daily reading as home is expected.
Boulder Creek Elementary "Culture for Learning"
- We begin ALL lessons with our "I can" statement, which refernces a Standard.
- We design lessons to include the 5 Standards in Domain 3.
- We value Data Team meetings to collaborate on Priority Standards and Student Work
- We celebrate academic accomplishments. students (3rd-6th) will record progress in AR, ELA and Math
- We value the "Culture for Learning" in our classrooms, and share weekly updates with families.
- We promote litearcy and character eduction with all students.
- We utilize "Walk to Learn" to reinforce skills and enrich learning for all students.
- We include math's "Daily Routines" in Kindergarten - 2nd grades.
Elementary School Day Start & End Times
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 8:10am–2:55pm
Wednesday Early Release: 8:10am–1:55pm
Half Days: 8:10am–11:55am
M,T,TH,F 8:00 - 10:30
11:15 - 1:15
No school on Wednesday
M-T-TH-F 8:40 -3:25
Lunch Schedule -REGULAR SCHOOL DAY
GRADE LUNCH ROOM PLAY
K 11:55-12:15 12:15-12:35
1 12:15-12:35 12:35-12:55
2 12:35-12:55 12:55-1:15
3 1:00-1:20 1:20-1:40
4 12:25-12:45 12:45-1:05
5 12:45-1:05 1:05-1:25
6 12:05-12:25 12:25-12:50
LUNCH SCHEDULE-Half Day
GRADE lUNCH ROOM PLAY
K 10:20-10:35 10:35-10:50
1 10:40-10:55 10:55-11:10
2 11:00-11:15 11:15-11:30
3 11:20-11:35 11:35-11:50
4 10:50-11:05 11:05-11:20
5 11:10-11:25 11:25-11:40
6 10:30-10:45 10:45-11:00
|Mr. Jim Leeper||Principal|
|Mrs. Suzann Sponseller||Staff Member|
|Ms. Clarice Nape||Community Rep - Wal-Mart|
|Mrs. Candice Horrocks||Parent|
|Mrs. Angela Barnard||Staff Member|
|Mrs. Holli Martinez||Parent|