Performance Academy Announcements
Performance Academy Overview
Gilbert Public School’s unique Performance Academy offers 4th - 8th grade athletes and performing arts students the opportunity to excel academically in a school environment, while accessing programs and training in the afternoons to take their achievements to the next level.
Why Choose The Performance Academy?
- Designed to meet the needs of athletes and performing arts students who want to excel academically.
- Students attend school in the morning and their training or program facility after lunch.
- Access to a wide range of academic and social school experiences alongside peers at Mesquite Elementary and South Valley Junior High, both A-Rated (Department of Education), A+ Schools of Excellence (Arizona Educational Foundation).
- Access to accelerated academic opportunities, extra-curricular clubs and programs, and electives.
- Option to access the Performance Academy schedule and select students' own gym or performing arts facility.
- Mentorship and personalized support.
Academic and Performance Excellence for 4th-8th Grade Students
Grades 4-6 are offered at Mesquite Elementary.
Grades 7-8 are offered at South Valley Junior High.
Welcome to South Valley Performance Academy
Our South Valley Performance Academy students have access to the full Junior High experience, both academically and socially, attending class with their peers in the morning, accessing honors courses and electives, taught by certified, highly qualified GPS teachers.
Students are in school every morning and then transported directly to their training or performance facility for the afternoon.
- Personalized support
- Access to a wide range of academic opportunities, including honors classes
- Attend class with their 7th and 8th-grade peers
- Flexible schedule allowing for training in the PM
- Socialization with other students
- Access to clubs and extracurricular activities
- Elective offerings
- Mentor program
Performance Academy Application Steps
How to Apply
We are now accepting applications to join our Performance Academy at Mesquite Elementary and South Valley Junior High for the 2022/23 school year.
Step 1: Complete and submit our Register Interest Form.
Step 2: Complete online open enrollment for either Mesquite Elementary (Grades 4-6) or South Valley Junior High (Grades 7-8).
Step 3: You will receive a welcome packet to help you and your student prepare for the 2022-23 school year at the Performance Academy.
For full details on how to enroll your student, please visit www.gilbertschools.net/enroll.
Performance Academy Frequently Asked Questions
What paperwork do I need to provide in order to ensure that my child is qualified to attend the Performance Academy?
What if I live outside of GPS boundaries, can we apply to be a part of the Performance Academy at Mesquite?