Welcome to Mesquite Elementary Performance Academy
Our 4th - 6th-grade Performance Academy students are in school every morning and then transported directly to their training or performance facility for the afternoon.
Certified, highly qualified GPS teachers utilize the Summit Learning Platform with the students to allow for individualized learning experiences and direct support from teachers and other students. Students are supported to work at their own pace with daily classroom teaching and group work. Weekly mentoring sessions ensure student success.
- Personalized learning
- Opportunities for acceleration
- Flexible schedule
- Socialization with students
- Elective offerings
- Mentor program
- Collaborative project work
How to Enroll in the Performance Academy
Please complete Gilbert Public Schools online enrollment for either Mesquite Elementary (Grades 4-6) or South Valley Junior High (Grades 7-8).
When you reach the Student Enrollment Section of the application, please select Performance Academy in the 'Enrollment Grade' drop-down and either Mesquite Elementary or South Valley Junior High in the 'School Requested' drop-down.
If you are an existing GPS student, then you can proceed to online enrollment by clicking "Existing GPS Family Registration" on our Enrollment Page and logging into your Infinite Campus account to complete the online open enrollment process.
For full details on how to enroll your student, please visit www.gilbertschools.net/enroll
The Performance Academy is for 4th - 8th grade athletes and performing arts students. The program helps students excel academically in a school environment in the mornings and access training and programs in the afternoons, taking their achievements to the next level. Students can access their own training or performing arts facility in the afternoons.
Welcome to the Performance Academy!
- Designed for athletes and performing arts students ready to excel academically with a flexible schedule and academic and personalized support.
- Access to a wide range of academic and social school experiences alongside peers at Mesquite Elementary and South Valley Junior High, both A-Rated (Department of Education), A+ Schools of Excellence (Arizona Educational Foundation).
- Access to accelerated academic opportunities, extra-curricular clubs, and programs.
- Students select their own gym, training facility, or performing arts facility.
- Transportation can be requested to a select number of facilities within our school district boundaries. View the list of facilities.
Academic and Performance Excellence for 4th-8th Grade Students
Grades 4-6 at Mesquite Elementary.
Grades 7-8 at South Valley Junior High.
Performance Academy Frequently Asked Questions
How do we enroll in the Performance Academy?
What qualifies my child to be a part of the Performance Academy?
What is the schedule for Performance Academy at Mesquite Elementary and South Valley Junior High?
Will transportation be provided?
Can I schedule a tour at Mesquite Elementary or South Valley Junior High?
What is the GPS school calendar for 2023/24?
Can a Performance Academy student attend their morning classes and then be picked up by their parent to attend an athletics or performing arts program of their choice?
Can Junior High Performance Academy students take part in Junior High athletics?
What if I live outside of GPS boundaries, can we apply to be a part of the Performance Academy at Mesquite or South Valley?