Gilbert Classical Academy Application Information
The Academy is now accepting applications for the 2023/24 school year. Click here to apply today! Be sure to check out the Enrollment Timeline and GCA Admission Policies and Procedures below for further information.
Interested in learning more about the Academy and what it means to be a Spartan?
- Request to take a tour of our campus (now available to book!)
- Attend our upcoming GCA Informational Meeting on Thursday October 20, 2022 @ 6 PM in the GCA Cafeteria
- View our GCA informational video
- View our virtual tour video today
2023/24 Enrollment Timeline
- Thursday, October 20th @ 6pm - 7pm - GCA Informational Meeting. Open Event - Everyone is welcome to attend!
- Friday, December 9th - Deadline to submit 7th Grade Applications to be included in the lottery
- Week commencing December 12th - Acceptance letters will be distributed to students waitlisted for all grade levels to fill open seats
- Wednesday, January 11th - 7th Grade Lottery, if the total number of applications exceeds available seats.
- Monday, February 6th @ 6pm - 7pm - GCA Preview Night
- Wednesday, March 29th @ 6pm - 8pm - Orientation Meeting
- Saturday, April 15th @ 8am - 11am - Math Diagnostic Test for Incoming 7th grade students only
GCA Virtual Tour
GCA Admission Policies & Procedures
Each incoming 7th grader will be admitted or waitlisted on a date designated by administration. A lottery system will be utilized, if necessary, based on the following priorities:
- Siblings of students currently attending the non-boundary school.
- Children of current school employees, with a cap of 20% (including children who are a sibling of another enrolled student).
- Children residing within Gilbert Public Schools' boundaries and out-of-district residents attending a Gilbert Public School.
- Children that are nonresidents of Gilbert Public Schools and are not attending a Gilbert Public School. After the lottery for incoming 7th graders is held, new applicants and those in grades 8th through 10th will be placed on the waitlist in order of the receipt of the application.
At both the elementary and secondary levels, the physical capacity of the school building and classrooms; availability of staff; capacity in special programs; and availability of other resources may be considered before placement of a student into a district-wide program or school is approved.
Gilbert Classical Academy has no admissions standards for 7th or 8th grade; however, students may be required to do summer school work in order to prepare them for the rigors of the academics of the Academy.
Students entering the Academy for the 9th grade must have completed Algebra 1 in the 8th grade. An official transcript/report card must be submitted at the time of enrollment.
10th Grade/11th Grade
The applicant's high school transcript must be submitted for review to ensure that the student will meet GCA's graduation requirements by their senior year.
Completion of online applications or acceptance of an offer of enrollment does not constitute actual enrollment. Parents must complete registration in the spring to be enrolled in the school. Failure to submit the enrollment paperwork by the school's deadline will result in the non-enrollment of the student.
If a family rejects or does not respond to an offer of enrollment, they are removed from the waitlist and must reapply if they wish to enroll in a future year. If a family does not receive an enrollment offer by the end of the year (i.e. they remain on the waitlist), their application will “rollover” to the next year. Applications that “rollover” are given priority over new applications. Please remember to inform the office of any changes in contact information.