What is Tiger Time?
- Tiger Time is an academic advisory opportunity for everyone. We will meet once a week for 45 minutes each Wednesday. Tiger Time mentors will be there to instruct students on topics that are critical to their academic achievement through designed lessons, monitor students' grades, ensure the completion of missing assignments, and monitoring of attendance.
- During that time, students are expected to participate in the lessons, work on missing assignments, complete homework, attend assigned tutoring (in English/Math/Science), make up tests/quizzes (with appropriate pass), or read silently.
- This is NOT a time to catch up on social media. Cell phones are prohibited during Tiger Time.
- Respect : Respect yourself, classmates, teachers, classroom property, and the classroom environment.
- Productivity: Focus on assignments, complete homework and make-up work.
- Responsibility: Be a responsible scholar at all times. Come to class prepared (with pencil, paper and the right attitude). Follow classroom expectations.
- Punctuality: Be on time.
- “D” grades hurt GPAs and put you in jeopardy of failing.
- “F” grades will cause you to lose credits needed for graduation.
- Low grades/GPA jeopardize eligibility.
- Mandatory lunch tutoring
- Parent contact
- Content teacher contact
- Administration contact
- Procrastination and lack of work completion can have detrimental mental health consequences.
Tiger Time Student Responsibilities
Prior to class:
- Determine homework/make-up work that needs completion
- Have homework/make-up work/materials ready for Tiger Time
- Collect necessary pass from English/Math/Science for tutoring (if applicable)
- Collect necessary pass from other content teachers for test and quiz make-up (if applicable).
During Tiger Time
- Complete homework
- Complete missing assignments
- Attend assigned tutoring (English/Math/Science)
- Makeup tests or quizzes (with appropriate pass)
- Study for upcoming tests
- Sustained silent reading
Tiger Time Mentor Responsibilities
- Conference with Tiger Time students
- Make sure Tiger Time students are working on necessary assignments
- Check Tiger Time students’ grades, attendance, and missing assignments
- Triage grades and missing assignments with students.
- Give each student a clear path to manage work and improve grades. Recommend tutoring from core area teachers and peer tutoring in the library.
- Encourage students to utilize resources such as Khan Academy.
- Contact Tiger Time students’ teachers and parents about grades, attendance, and missing assignments