On the Families Hub, you will find a range of resources to help you and your student(s) throughout the school year. You can also reach out directly to your student’s school with any questions.
Health Services Announcements
Please Note: There will be no updates to the COVID-19 school dashboards during Summer Break beginning May 27, 2022.
COVID Isolation and Quarantine Guidelines for Students - 01/04/2022
ISOLATION (Positive Test)
- Isolate for 5 days from the start of your symptoms (or if no symptoms, from the day your test was collected). After 5 days you may be released from isolation if:
- You have not had a fever in the last 24 hours, without medication
- Your symptoms have improved
- You feel well enough to return to your normal duties
- You wear a face-covering on school premises for the remaining 5 days, including extracurricular/athletics.
QUARANTINE* (Had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID)
- Quarantine for 5 days from the last time you were around the positive person, then wear a face-covering the remaining 5 days while on school premises.
- Quarantine for 6 days from the last time you were around the positive person and then test, if the test is negative you may return to school on the 8th day.
*For individuals who are fully vaccinated, quarantine is not required.
** Also, anyone who has had COVID in the past 3 months does not need to quarantine. We will need verification.
Before attending our campuses during this time please remember to:
- Complete the daily student health assessment
- Stay home when sick
- Wearing a face covering is optional but strongly encouraged
- Maintain physical distancing whenever possible
- Wash hands regularly, and use hand sanitizer
Thank you for your continued support!
Nutrition Services Updates
View the Supply Chain Issues & School Meals Video to learn about what parents and students need to know about the supply chain and how it may impact schools. (Los problemas de la cadena de abastecimiento y las comidas escolares: Lo que los padres deben saber.)
Gilbert Public Schools Free Meals for Children
Please note this program will end on June 30, 2022. In order to receive Free & Reduced Meals for the 2022/2023 school year, families should apply online starting July 1st.
Effective August 4th, 2021, the USDA has approved one free combo meal for breakfast and one free combo meal for lunch to children 18 years and younger, for the 2021-2022 school year. Please Note: If your child attends online Global Academy, or any child 18 years and younger, please pick up meals once a day between 7–9 am at any nearby GPS elementary school only (child does not need to be present).
Please complete a free and reduced meal application this year to be eligible to qualify for additional benefits such as school funding, p-ebt, reduced sports fees, free summer school, and more.
Gilbert Public Schools Summer Free Meals for Children
No registration, no proof of income needed, and your child does not have to attend the Gilbert Public Schools district to qualify.
Children age 18 years and younger are eligible for a meal at no charge starting June 2 through July 20, 2022 (closed on Monday, July 4, 2022 to observe Independence Day).
- Located at 1820 S Harris Dr, Mesa, AZ 85204
- Breakfast and Lunch pick-up: 7:30am-9:30am, Monday-Thursday
- Located at 130 W Mesquite St, Gilbert, AZ 85233
- Breakfast pick-up: 7:30am-9:30am, Monday-Friday
- Lunch pick-up: 11:30am-12:45pm, Monday-Friday
- Located at 505 W Houston Ave, Gilbert, AZ 85233
- Breakfast pick-up: 7:30am-9am, Monday-Friday
- Lunch pick-up: 11am-12:15pm, Monday-Friday
Updates for GPS Families
Changes to process for notifications regarding general exposure in classrooms and on bus routes.
Keep Your Student's Emergency Contacts Updated
In order to ensure that we can communicate with families regarding their student, or in case of an emergency, it is essential that families keep their emergency contact information up to date in their Infinite Campus account. Please contact your student's school directly for assistance with your Infinite Campus account.
Helpful Resources for Families
For Parents: Need help with a Chromebook or have technical questions? View our parent technical support website.