Health Services Announcements
COVID Isolation and Quarantine Guidelines for Students - 01/04/2022
ISOLATION (Positive Test)
- Isolate for 5 days from the start of your symptoms (or if no symptoms, from the day your test was collected). After 5 days you may be released from isolation if:
- You have not had a fever in the last 24 hours, without medication
- Your symptoms have improved
- You feel well enough to return to your normal duties
- You wear a face-covering on school premises for the remaining 5 days, including extracurricular/athletics.
QUARANTINE* (Had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID)
- Quarantine for 5 days from the last time you were around the positive person, then wear a face-covering the remaining 5 days while on school premises.
- Quarantine for 6 days from the last time you were around the positive person and then test, if the test is negative you may return to school on the 8th day.
*For individuals who are fully vaccinated, quarantine is not required.
** Also, anyone who has had COVID in the past 3 months does not need to quarantine. We will need verification.
Before attending our campuses during this time please remember to:
- Complete the daily student health assessment
- Stay home when sick
- Wearing a face covering is optional but strongly encouraged
- Maintain physical distancing whenever possible
- Wash hands regularly, and use hand sanitizer
Thank you for your continued support!
About Health Services
Gilbert Public Schools has nurse coverage and health assistants in all of our schools available to assist students with illness and injury-related problems. In addition, we also conduct health screenings, assist students and families with referrals for health-related service, follow-up, and act as a health education resource for students, their families, and our staff.
Health Services Information
Student & Staff Daily Health Assessment & COVID-19 Guidelines
COVID-19 Preventative Measures In Place on Campus
When Your Child Should Stay Home
Emergency Medical Information
Health Services Medication Guidelines
Communicable Disease on Campus
Students with Physical Limitations
Head Lice Information
Annual Screening Information