Welcome to the Sports Performance Academy
- Designed for athletes ready to excel academically with a flexible schedule and academic and personalized support.
- Students attend school and learn alongside other junior high students in the morning with specialized academic support.
- In the afternoon students are free to attend training and competitions.
- South Valley Junior High is an A-Rated school (Department of Education), and offers a wide range of academic and social school experiences, including extra-curricular clubs, and programs.
- Students select their own training facility to attend in the afternoons.
- Students can be picked up, or transportation can be requested to a number of facilities within school district boundaries. View the list of facilities.
How to Enroll in the Sports Performance Academy
Please complete Gilbert Public Schools online enrollment for South Valley Junior High (Grades 7-8).
When you reach the Student Enrollment Section of the application, please select Performance Academy in the 'Enrollment Grade' drop-down and South Valley Junior High in the 'School Requested' drop-down.
If you are an existing GPS student, then you can proceed to online enrollment by clicking "Existing GPS Family Registration" on our Enrollment Page and logging into your Infinite Campus account to complete the online open enrollment process.
For full details on how to enroll your student, please visit www.gilbertschools.net/enroll
Sports Performance Academy Flyer
If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.
How do we enroll?
What qualifies my child to be a part of the Sports Performance Academy?
What is the academic schedule?
Will transportation be provided?
Can I schedule a tour?
What is the GPS school calendar for 2023/24?
Can a student be picked up to attend training in afternoon?
Can Sports Performance Academy students take part in Junior High athletics?
What if I live outside of GPS boundaries?
Last Modified on May 23, 2023