About Gilbert Public Schools Preschool Programs
At Gilbert Public Schools we offer a range of preschool programs where young children learn social skills in real time, in a supportive environment, surrounded by qualified staff. At GPS we believe that high-quality preschool programs nurture warm relationships among children, teachers, and parents.
Explore the variety of GPS Preschool Programs which all offer flexibility, choice, affordability, and fun for your child!
Preschool registration is now available for the 2020–2021 school year!
School Closure Screening Information
Preschool Screening: Early Intervention & Developmental Delays Information
Preschool Immunizations Information
Preschool Online Enrollment Steps (Registration, Payment, & Annual Update Information)
If you have concerns about your child's development, do not enroll your child as a tuition student at this time, but instead follow the instructions for the preschool screening process above. Please call 480-497-3461 with any questions.
If you are interested in our Amanecer preschool program but have concerns regarding payment of the first month in full at registration, please call 480-497-3461 to discuss options.
Registration Information & Tuition Fees
Registration Fee: $50.00/year
- Tuition is $220 each month for 3 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday), 2 ½ hours per day
- Tuition is $260 each month for 4 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday), 2 ½ hours per day
Registration fees and 1st-month tuition are due at registration and are both non-refundable.
Amanecer Preschool registration is now open for the 2020–2021 school year! Please Note: Tuition registration for the 2019–2020 school year is now closed. All information is updated to reflect the upcoming 2020–2021 school year.
Amanecer Preschool - New Family Registration
If your family is new to Gilbert Public Schools, and you do not currently have any students enrolled at any of our schools, please begin the enrollment process with New Family Registration.
Amanecer Preschool - Existing Family Registration & Payments
If you have already registered a student in an Amanecer or Kindergarten Prep Preschool within the past few years, please submit your registration and payments using your existing account. Once logged in, click the registration tab to register for a class.
Learn More About Amanecer Developmental Preschool
Amanecer preschool provides opportunities for your child to:
- Develop an enjoyment for learning
- Explore and investigate for deeper knowledge
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Receive instruction from a certified teacher with the assistance of trained paraprofessionals
- Build friendships with a variety of peers
- Develop creativity
- Learn how to be part of a classroom community
- Receive individualized instruction informed by rigorous on-going progress monitoring data analysis
- Build social-emotional competence
- Build communication skills
- Develop fine and gross motor physical skills
- Develop pre-academic knowledge and skills
- Engage in purposeful and productive play experiences that foster memory development, symbolic thinking, positive approaches to learning, positive social and language skills, math skills, and self-regulation instruction.
- The Handwriting Without Tears® curriculum draws from years of innovation and research to provide developmentally appropriate, multi-sensory tools and strategies for your classroom. The program follows research that demonstrates children learn more effectively by actively doing, with materials that address all styles of learning.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool is based on five fundamental principles. They guide practice and help us understand the reasons for intentionally setting up and operating preschool programs in particular ways. These are the principles:
- Positive interactions and relationships with adults provide a critical foundation for successful learning
- Social-emotional competence is a significant factor in school success.
- Constructive, purposeful play supports essential learning.
- The physical environment affects the type and quality of learning interactions.
- Teacher–family partnerships promote development and learning.
- Our instruction is aligned to the Arizona Early Learning State Standards developed by the Arizona Department of Education.
Contact Gilbert Public Schools Community Education Office
Office Hours: Monday–Thursday 8:00 am–4:30 pm & Friday 8:00 am–12:00 pm (closed Fridays in June/July)
Note: Gilbert Public Schools Community Education Department has computer terminals available to use at our office at 6839 East Guadalupe Road in Mesa, Arizona, for preschool enrollment for families without online access.