Important Testing Updates & Resources
Update: District ACT Testing for Class of 2021 (12th grade students) will be offered on student's enrolled home high school campus during the school day on October 20, 2020.
This October 20, 2020 ACT (No Writing) paper administration is meant to replace the missed spring 2020 opportunity for Cohort 2021. GPS will still administer ACT (No Writing) to Cohort 2022 in April 2021 (computer-based).
Assessment and Accountability
The Assessment and Accountability Department is primarily responsible for:
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of schools and District support functions, including analyses and report of annual AzMerit State Assessments, Arizona Instrument to Measure Standards (AIMS) and Letter Grade results;
- Reporting student achievement and demographic data to multiple offices;
- Developing and maintaining the District’s assessments and benchmarks;
- Ensuring proper administration of state and federally mandated assessments;
- Collaborating with Teaching and Learning's Departments and schools to ensure continuity and validity in data.