Thank you for your interest in Gilbert Public Schools. Providing quality Substitute Teachers for our students is among our top priorities.
You may submit an application for certified substitute employment through the link below. When you have completed all application GPS Substitute Services will be in contact with you.
You will be required to provide the following documentation during your application on-boarding:
- Arizona IVP fingerprint clearance card
- Valid Arizona Teacher Certificate or Substitute Certificate
- Passport (if not available: Driver’s License, and Social Security Card or Birth Certificate)
- Proof of MMR immunization, or proof of immunity (if born after 1957)
- Direct deposit routing and account number
State of Arizona Substitute Requirements
To submit an application for a Substitute Teacher, you must have a valid Arizona Teaching or Substitute Certificate. If you have a Bachelor’s degree you can apply for an Arizona Substitute Certificate.
The Arizona Department of Education requires a Fingerprint Clearance Card, official transcripts (Bachelor’s degree) and an application to issue a Substitute Certificate.
Visit the Arizona Department of Education's website to download the application or for more information or call ADE at 602-542-4367.
How to Apply
2. Select a username and password.
3. Once your account has been created, you may return to update your application or add attachments.
Once your application is complete, you can apply for existing positions and edit or update your account at any time.
If there are no current open positions you can still complete an application. Please note that all positions close at 4:00pm on the closing date.