GPS Community Education Summer Camps Overview
The vision of Community Education for Gilbert Public Schools was born out of a desire to continue to provide opportunities to enhance its excellent educational programs through extended education. Our goal is to create programs that reflect our commitment to providing high standards for quality within a nurturing, friendly, and safe environment.
The Gilbert Public Schools team extends a warm welcome to you and your family.
Summer Camp Highlights (PreK-8th)
- May 26, 2020–July 31, 2020 (10 weeks)
- 7:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday–Friday
- $170 per week (Discounts for 5-week or 10-week sessions)
- Building Blocks (Pre-K), VIK (K–6th) and The Zone (7th & 8th)
- Camps located on all high school campuses including Campo Verde High, Mesquite High, Gilbert High, Highland High and Desert Ridge High
- 220 maximum capacity at each location
- Virtual Field Trips, Culinary, Art/Crafts, Gaming, Theater, Active Games, and more!
Elementary Summer School Camp Highlights (K–8th)
Elementary Summer School Camp (K–8th) is a blended option that allows students to take part in our summer camp options while also completing summer school courses in preparation for the next school year. This is an ideal opportunity for those who want to ensure their children are able to continue their academic growth through the summer months.
- June 1, 2020–June 26, 2020 (4 weeks)
- 7:00 am–4:00 pm (Monday-Friday)
- $750 for the full 4-week session which also includes the cost of 3 summer school classes, materials, and access to a full camp day
- Students may register for up to 3 summer school classes offered in an online format
- Students will have a facilitator in the room to assist with completion of course work which will be completed from 9 am–12:00 pm each day
- Students will be able to participate in all other camp options before and after the summer school assigned class time.
Health Precautions for all Summer Camps
All CDC recommendations will be followed which includes:
- All social distancing guidelines will be expected with staff members receiving intensified training curbside drop off and pick-up
- Students assigned to small groups with one adult
- Students will remain with the assigned group throughout the day and week
- Students and staff will have access to hand sanitizer, disinfectant and be given frequent opportunity to wash hands in an effort to meet proper hygiene standards
- Staff members will be checked for temperature and any symptoms each day prior to beginning his/her shift
- Staff members and students will be encouraged but not required to wear personal protective equipment at all times
- Nurse or health assistant will be assigned to each campus
- All camp experiences will occur on campus as we are unable to transport large groups
- Deep cleaning and sanitation each evening
- Notification to all camp families in the event of any student or staff member being diagnosed with COVID-19. All students removed from potentially infected areas for the immediate treatment process to occur.