Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Jim Leeper, Principal
It is my pleasure to be the principal of Boulder Creek! Before arriving at Boulder Creek in 2020, I was principal of Meridian Elementary in Gilbert Public Schools for 6 years. Prior to Meridian, I worked in the Mesa school district for 20 years as a teacher, dean of students, and assistant principal.
I grew up in Mesa, attended ASU and took my first job in education teaching junior high PE. I coached track for 13 years, freshman tennis for 7 years and high school cross country for 2 seasons. I’m married and live in Gilbert with my wife and children. In my free time, I enjoy being outdoors, mountain biking and seeing the Arizona scenery.
Boulder Creek has a dedicated staff who work diligently to ensure students are receiving the best learning opportunities. We have an active PTSO that supports our school vision. We have a community that helps foster our school vision through volunteering and classroom support.
Our vision statement is “Every Student Matters, Every Moment Counts.” Our staff genuinely cares for our students, and expects students’ best efforts every day. Go Bulldogs!
Principal, Boulder Creek Elementary
M,T,TH,F 8:10am - 2:55pm
Wednesday Early Release 8:10am - 1:55pm
Half Days 8:10am - 11:55am
M,T,TH,F 8:00 - 10:30
11:15 - 1:15
No school on Wednesday
M, T, TH, F 8:40 -3:25
Lunch Schedule -REGULAR SCHOOL DAY
GRADE LUNCH ROOM PLAY
K 11:55-12:15 12:15-12:35
1 12:15-12:35 12:35-12:55
2 12:35-12:55 12:55-1:15
3 1:00-1:20 1:20-1:40
4 12:25-12:45 12:45-1:05
5 12:45-1:05 1:05-1:25
6 12:05-12:25 12:25-12:50
LUNCH SCHEDULE-Half Day
GRADE lUNCH ROOM PLAY
K 10:20-10:35 10:35-10:50
1 10:40-10:55 10:55-11:10
2 11:00-11:15 11:15-11:30
3 11:20-11:35 11:35-11:50
4 10:50-11:05 11:05-11:20
5 11:10-11:25 11:25-11:40
6 10:30-10:45 10:45-11:00
11:00 AM - 10:00 PM Bahama Buck's Restaurant Nite (Power/Baseline Location)
6:00 PM - 6:30 PM Winter Strings Concert (5th Grade)
1:55 PM - 1:55 PM Early Release Day
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Choir Holiday Concert
December 19, 2023
8:30 AM - 9:15 AM Quarterly Awards - 3rd - 6th Grades
9:30 AM - 10:15 AM Quarterly Awards - K - 2nd Grades
10:30 AM - 11:50 AM Hot Chocolate Sales PTSO
11:55 AM - 11:55 AM Half Day (11:55am Dismissal)
December 20, 2023
December 21, 2023
December 22, 2023
December 25, 2023
We believe all students can and will show growth by performing at his/her personal best:
- All assigned work is important and must be turned in. Students who turn in late work (up to a week) may receive up to 80% credit.
- If a student does not master an assessment he/she will have an opportunity to retake the assessment within one week, however must first complete 2 interventions. The highest score will be recorded.
- Unfinished classwork may become homework.
- Daily reading at home is expected.
Boulder Creek Elementary "Culture for Learning"
- We begin ALL lessons with our "I can" statement, which references a Standard.
- We design lessons to include the 5 Standards in Domain 3.
- We value Data Team meetings to collaborate on Priority Standards and Student Work
- We celebrate academic accomplishments. students (3rd-6th) will record progress in AR, ELA and Math
- We value the "Culture for Learning" in our classrooms, and share weekly updates with families.
- We promote literacy and character education with all students.
- We utilize "Walk to Learn" to reinforce skills and enrich learning for all students.
- We include math's "Daily Routines" in Kindergarten - 2nd grades.
|Mr. Jim Leeper||Principal|
|Ms. Clarice Nape||Community Rep - Wal-Mart|
|Mrs. Holli Martinez||Parent|
|Ms. Stacey Gess||Teacher|
Boulder Creek provides a safe and inclusive learning environment that develops skills for a successful future.