Cybersecurity is a core component of the world's technology systems. Government, private corporations, and more are all seeking employees well-trained in the field, and who possess strong problem-solving and collaboration skills.
The Cybersecurity pathway at GPS Global Academy will prepare students for a career after high school or for further study at the college level. Questions? Interested? Contact a counselor TODAY! Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Programming I
- This course will provide a study of multiple programming languages resulting in game design projects. Major topics will include assignment statements, decision statements, input/output, branching and looping devices, one and two-dimensional arrays, sorting, files, and string functions. This course will also examine statements, data types, comparison statements, looping statements, input/output statements and array.
Computer Programming II
- This course will continue to provide a study of multiple programming languages resulting in game design projects. This course will focus on pointer variables, link lists, stacks, queues and recursion. Emphasis will be on real-world applications, creativity, cooperation and problem solving.
AP Computer Science A
- This course will introduce students to entry-level programming typically used at a college or university. The course is built around the development of computer programs using Java that correctly solves a given problem. This course introduces aspects of computer science including the development and analysis of algorithms and data structures, the study of standard algorithms and typical applications, the use of logic, and the ethical and social implications of computer use. This course is designed to prepare students to successfully complete the Advanced Placement Exam in May.
Computer & Network Security Fundamentals
- This course covers the fundamentals of computer safety, network security, and prevention of digital attacks. Students will experience a hands-on approach to security strategies, expand their computer and networking security techniques, and improve their problem-solving skills. They will also explore numerous employment opportunities in one of the fastest-growing industries: Cybersecurity.
- This course will introduce the tools and concepts of cybersecurity, and encourages students to create solutions that allow people to share computing resources while protecting privacy. Nationally, computational resources are vulnerable, and frequently attacked; in this course students solve problems by understanding and closing those vulnerabilities. This course raises students’ knowledge of commitment to ethical computing behavior. It also aims to develop students’ skills as consumers, friends, citizens, and employees who can effectively contribute to communities with a dependable cyber-infrastructure that moves and processes information safely