Self-Contained Gifted at Towne Meadows Grades 5 and 6 - Apply Now
This application will be open from March15, 2022 until April 5, 2022 at 9:00am. If there are more applicants than spots available, a lottery will occur on April 6, 2022. Applicants will receive an email with the status of their application (You are on the wait list/ You have a seat) on April 6, 2022. Students who have a seat will need to complete the Accept/Decline form by April 20, 2022.
Self-Contained at Towne Meadows Important Dates
March 15-April 5, 2022 Application Window open on Gilbert Public Schools Website for SCG
March 30, 2022 Open House Towne Meadows 5:30-6:30 p.m.
April 5, 2022 Applications Close for SCG 9:00 a.m.
April 6, 2022 Accept/Decline Forms Sent out for SCG
April 20, 2022 Accept/Decline Forms due by 12:00 p.m.Tours Available - Please contact Towne Meadows to register:
- March 25 - 10 AM
- March 31 - 10 AM
- April 4 - 2 PM
Self-Contained Gifted Program for Highly Gifted Learners, 4th–6th Grade
The Self-contained Gifted Program provides an all-day differentiated learning experience addressing the individual needs of the highly gifted students. Students will be with other highly gifted peers for all core content areas (math, reading, writing, social studies and science). They will participate in special area instruction and are included in all grade level activities, field trips, and lunch.
The Self-contained Gifted Program currently has a 4th, 5th, and 6th grade classroom at Towne Meadows Elementary School.
Qualifications for the Self-contained Gifted Program
Scores (on a state-approved gifted test) of 97+ in two of the three areas: verbal, quantitative, and/or nonverbal area(s), with the third score being 85 or higher or an IQ score of 130+.
Highlights of Self-Contained Gifted Program
- Lego Robotics
- Socratic Questioning
- Social-Emotional Curriculum
- Enrichment and Acceleration
- Language Arts (instruction is offered using College of William & Mary curriculum from the Center For Gifted Education and Michael Clay Thompson)
Towne Meadows Elementary
1101 N. Recker Road, Gilbert, AZ 85234
School Grade Levels: Currently, one classroom for 4th grade, one classroom for 5th grade, and one classroom for 6th grade
Class Size: 25
Transportation: 2020-21 School Year – Regional Bus Stops
Self-Contained Program Applications
Families interested in applying for the SCG Program must complete an online application.
Applications will be considered in the following order:
- Students who are siblings of students who are currently in the Self-contained Gifted Program or the GTC (Gifted Talented and Creative) Program at Highland Junior High School.
- Students residing in the Gilbert Public Schools boundaries or who are currently attending a Gilbert Public School.
- Students who reside outside of the Gilbert Public Schools boundaries or who do not currently attend a Gilbert Public School.
- Out of district students are welcome to apply for the Self-contained Gifted Program if they meet District eligibility (as noted above).
Out of District Students – In addition to the application, please submit the following information to the Teaching and Learning Department:
- A copy of your child’s most recent intellectual assessment results: Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) or other State of Arizona approved assessment or IQ tests administered by a licensed Psychologist/Psychiatrist
- A copy of your child’s most recent standardized test scores (i.e. AzMERIT, DIBELS)
- A copy of your child’s most recent report card
- Twice-exceptional students receiving special education or 504 services must attach: Copy of current IEP and most current special education evaluation report or copy of 504 plan
*Applications will not be accepted until all forms have been submitted
Siblings are welcome to attend Towne Meadows through the Open Enrollment process. Acceptance is contingent upon the campus’ capacity to provide all services needed by the sibling(s).