What is Center For Success?
Students currently enrolled at a "brick and mortar" campus may opt to take courses online, within their normal class schedule in a Center For Success setting at the junior high and high school levels. Courses are taken online, but you'll have the support of a teacher in the lab each day to assist with course material and ensure you remain on track to completion.
All decisions regarding Center For Success should be discussed with your campus counselor. These courses are not for everyone!
Registering for Classes
Is Online Learning For Me?
Online learning is not for everyone, but if you can answer YES to the following questions, online learning may be for you:
- Do I enjoy being a self-taught learner?
- Do I enjoy reading and doing assignments from a computer?
- Do I have 1-2 hours a day to spend working on my course?
- Am I motivated to get my school work done on time?
- These classes will be student-led, meaning that the student will set the pace of learning and the teacher will facilitate in the background -- grading work and providing feedback and support.
- Students will be provided 18 weeks to complete their course and take their final exam. They may choose to work ahead and finish sooner if they wish.
- There are no required live classes, but students must work to stay on pace.
- Students should expect to spend at least 5 hours per week working on their coursework.
Course Drop Policy
- If you choose to drop a course within 30 days of enrollment, it will be dropped without grade penalty. Any drops made after 30 days of enrollment will result in a W/F (Withdraw/Fail) grade on the transcript. This grade will be replaced once the student completes the class.
- To receive a full course refund (not including any bank processing fee), parent must email GAonline@gilbertschools.net a drop request within FIVE business days of the course beginning. Please include the student's full name, ID#, course name and Drop Request in the subject line. Please allow up to 3 weeks for processing.