In recent years, at Meridian Elementary our K-3 students have been able to take part in an accelerated classroom experience. We are excited to announce that this will be extended to include K-6 students! Our staff, along with the help of district personnel, have worked to create a sustainable accelerated classroom option in our K-6 grade levels.
Kinder Open House
Meridian Elementary is hosting a Kindergarten Open House for incoming and prospective families on Thursday, April 27, at 3:30 pm. Families can gather information about curriculum/reading goals/how parents can support them at home or over the summer.
They can meet Kindergarten teachers, tour the school and learn what it's like to be a kindergartner at Meridian Elementary.
Kindergarten Events Happening Now & You're Invited!
All 26 elementary schools are hosting Kindergarten events to welcome new families and students onto our campuses, where you can meet the teachers, tour the school, and prepare for Kinder! Learn more about your local elementary and all of the different options available to you and your family throughout our district.
To find your local school, visit gilbertschools.net/boundaries
To learn about all the Kindergarten choices in our district click on the links below:
- 1/2 Day Kinder at Burk Elementary
- Spanish Dual Language Kinder at Gilbert Elementary
- Traditional Kinder at Canyon Rim, Neely Traditional Academy, and Spectrum
- Accelerated Kinder at Highland Park, Playa del Rey, Meridian, Quartz Hill, and Val Vista Lakes
To find out the dates of Kindergarten events, please visit the school website.
Kindergarten Readiness Events for Families
- Schedule a School Tour - Please take the opportunity to schedule a tour at any of our elementary schools to learn more about their Kindergarten offerings, meet the Principal and teachers, and tour the campus.
- Kindergarten Information Nights - Visit school websites to learn about upcoming Kindergarten Information Nights and Events.