Settler's Point is hosting a Kindergarten Kickoff for incoming and prospective families on Tuesday, April 11, at 5 pm. Families can tour the campus, celebrate entering kindergarten and learn tips for the whole family to be ready for kindergarten.
We are excited to welcome your kindergartner to Settler's Point Elementary! To learn more about our school please take a look around our website and if you would like, please schedule a tour.
Gilbert Public Schools Kindergarten Program Highlights
We are excited to welcome our Kindergarten students and their families! Please read on for helpful information and resources.
We offer tuition-free, full-day Kindergarten programs at all of our 26 elementary schools, half-day morning Kindergarten at Burk, Accelerated Kindergarten at Highland Park, Meridian, Playa del Rey, Quartz Hill, and Val Vista Lakes, Dual-Language Spanish Kindergarten at Gilbert Elementary, and Traditional Kindergarten at Canyon Rim, Neely Traditional, and Spectrum.
Our Kindergarten students enjoy a challenging and comprehensive curriculum designed to provide the individualized attention they need to thrive while developing a lifelong love for learning.
- Convenient full-day and half-day Kindergarten options in a nurturing environment taught by certified and highly qualified teachers
- Dual Language Spanish Kindergarten option at Gilbert Elementary
- Half-day (morning) Kindergarten option at Burk Elementary
- Five Accelerated Kindergarten options at Highland Park Elementary, Meridian Elementary, Playa del Rey Elementary, Quartz Hill Elementary, and Val Vista Elementary.
- Three Traditional Academies (K–6) options including Neely Traditional Academy, Canyon Rim Elementary, & Spectrum Elementary
- Rigorous instruction in core academic areas that address the Arizona state standards in reading, writing, math, science, and social studies
- Rich opportunities that promote positive social skills and character development within a structured learning environment
- Recognized educational excellence and consistency in achieving high scores on statewide assessments
- Well-defined and tailored curriculum with high-quality academic programs and extra-curricular activities to meet your student’s needs and strengths, including music, artistic expression, and physical education for the enrichment of the whole child
- Gilbert Public Schools Special Education Kindergarten programs provide quality early education for children with special needs.
Kindergarten Enrollment Steps & Information
To enroll a student in your local neighborhood Gilbert Public School for the upcoming school year please follow these instructions to complete online enrollment.
Gilbert Public Schools is an open enrollment district, therefore if you are interested in having your child attend Kindergarten at a school that is not your neighborhood school it is easy to apply through our online open enrollment. If you are not sure which school is your neighborhood school, please view the GPS school boundaries.
Visit our Online Enrollment Information Center to learn more and enroll today!
Kindergarten Age Guidelines
To register for kindergarten for the upcoming school year, children must turn 5-years-old prior to September 1st. Children who turn 5-years-old between September 1st and December 31st may be assessed kindergarten readiness through an early entrance screening to determine qualification for early entrance into kindergarten. Special Education kindergarten transition is available for special needs students.
Kindergarten Immunization Requirements
Arizona Law requires that students entering Kindergarten have had the following vaccines:
- 5 doses of DTap, DTP, or DT
- 4 doses of Polio (IPV)
- 3 doses Hepatitis B
- 2 doses MMR
- 1 dose Varicella* (*2 doses recommended by the CDC for full protection)
Where to Get Vaccinated:
If your insurance covers immunizations:
- Visit your healthcare provider
- Maricopa County Immunization Clinics
If you don’t have insurance, your insurance doesn’t cover vaccines, are on AHCCCS, are
Native American or Alaska Native:
Visit our Health Services information for more information on immunizations.
Kindergarten Early Entrance Screening Information
Early Entrance Screenings will take place in June prior to the school year of registration, and be completed prior to the first day of school. Early Entrance Screening will not be available once school has begun.
Early Entrance Screening Handbook
Online Early Entrance Screening Registration Instructions:
- All screening registrations must be submitted online.
- A non-refundable $90.00 fee will be collected at the time of registration and may be paid using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover Card. Once registration is completed, a confirmation will be sent via email indicating the date, appointment time, and location for your child’s screening. Please download and read the Early Entrance Screening Handbook before your appointment.
- Screening sessions are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met.
- Registering online for screening does not in any way guarantee enrollment into kindergarten.
- Face coverings are optional.
- Only one adult may accompany each child registered for a screening. No other children are allowed at this time.
Screening Registration is completed online via Community Education's online system, Eleyo:
Questions about registration or payment?
Call the Community Education Department at 480-892-9089 prior to kindergarten screening registration, during business hours.
Questions about details concerning the screening or the process?
Call the Curriculum Department prior to kindergarten screening registration or your appointment at 480-497-3470 during regular business hours.