We are excited to welcome your kindergartner to Superstition Springs Elementary! To learn more about our school please take a look around our website and if you would like, please schedule a tour.
Superstition Springs is hosting a Kindergarten Round-Up for incoming and prospective families on Wednesday, May 3, at 2:15 pm. Students and families can meet teachers, tour the school, review the curriculum, and have any questions answered.
Kindergarten Events Happening Now & You're Invited!
All 26 elementary schools are hosting Kindergarten events to welcome new families and students onto our campuses, where you can meet the teachers, tour the school, and prepare for Kinder! Learn more about your local elementary and all of the different options available to you and your family throughout our district.
To find your local school, visit gilbertschools.net/boundaries
To learn about all the Kindergarten choices in our district click on the links below:
- 1/2 Day Kinder at Burk Elementary
- Spanish Dual Language Kinder at Gilbert Elementary
- Traditional Kinder at Canyon Rim, Neely Traditional Academy, and Spectrum
- Accelerated Kinder at Highland Park, Playa del Rey, Meridian, Quartz Hill, and Val Vista Lakes
To find out the dates of Kindergarten events, please visit the school website.
Kindergarten Readiness Events for Families
- Pave the Path for GPS Preschoolers - Children currently enrolled in a GPS preschool program at our elementary schools will participate in the ‘Pave the Path’ experience the week of March 27-31, allowing them a chance to spend time in a kindergarten classroom interacting with kindergarten students and teachers. If your student is currently in one of our preschool programs please look out for communications from your school.
- Kindergarten Readiness (Parent-only Event), April 12, 6pm to 8pm, Community Education - Parents of soon-to-be kindergartners can attend this GPS Parent University course on April 12 from 6pm to 8pm at our Community Education building. Parents will be taught some engaging, hands-on learning activities that they can replicate at home to help their children become successful members of a classroom community.
- PreK - All the Way! - This summer program supports families whose children are entering kindergarten and have never attended preschool. Children will follow a preschool routine, doing activities that support learning and the development of fine motor skills. Registration opens in the spring. Visit our website to learn more.
- Schedule a Tour - Please take the opportunity to schedule a tour at any of our elementary schools to learn more about their Kindergarten offerings, meet the Principal and teachers, and tour the campus.