- Gilbert Public Schools
- Governing Board
Governing Board Brief - March 31, 2020
Gilbert Public Schools Governing Board Brief - March 31, 2020
The Governing Board met for their regular board business meeting, Tuesday, March 31, 2020. The meeting was called to order at 5:00pm and began with a call for an Executive Session, for discussion of Evaluation and Renewal of Contract for the following: Assistant Superintendents, Executive Directors, Directors and High School Principals, Junior High Principals and Elementary Principals.
The regular board business meeting was called to order at 6:30pm.
The agenda was approved with a 5-0 vote.
The Superintendent’s Report followed. Dr. Shane McCord, Superintendent, highlighted the following in his report:
- Governor Ducey and Superintendent of Public Instruction Hoffmann have officially
closed schools until the end of this school year, due to COVID-19.
- Our number one concern is to take care of our students and our staff.
- Our staff have been working diligently to perfect their remote teaching abilities and we started remote learning as a district yesterday. Our staff are doing everything they can to continue to connect, create and care to the best of their abilities during this time.
- To our students and parents we do not yet have an answer regarding graduation but we are working on this and as soon as we have answers we will share these with our community. A message to our seniors, together we will get through this.
- The district will continue to monitor our progress and adjust as necessary.
Agenda items 5.01 and 5.02 followed. Ms. Bonnie J. Betz, Assistant Superintendent presented and was available for questions.
These agenda items were approved with 5-0 votes.
5.01 Monthly Budget Report
5.02 Final FY 2019 Audit Report
The Consent Agenda was approved with a 5-0 vote:
6.02 Approval of Minutes from the Regular Board Meeting on February 25, 2020 and Special Board Meeting on March 17, 2020.
6.03 Certified Personnel
6.04 Support Staff Personnel
6.05 Approval of 2020-2021 Work Calendars
6.06 Approval for Structured Cabling
6.07 Approve Midstate Mechanical for Central Plant Renovation
6.08 Approve Trane U.S. Inc. for the Central Plant Upgrades
6.09 Award RFP #20-07-06-25 HSA Administration Services
6.10 Approval of FY 2020 Parent Support Organization
6.11 Approve Network Equipment Purchase
6.12 Approval of Purchase of Cafeteria Tables
6.13 Acceptance of Donations
6.14 Ratification of Prior Month Financial Vouchers
The following Action Agenda items were approved with 5-0 votes:
7.01 Approval of Community Education Position of Athletic Director: Gilbert Youth for the 2020-2021
7.02 Approval of Possible Salary Increase for the 2020-2021 School Year for All Staff, Excluding Certified Personnel
7.03 Approval of Contract Language for all Contracts with the Exception of Certified Teacher for 2020-2021.
7.04 Renewal of 2020-2021 Administrators, Psychologists, Professional Staff and Support Staff Contracts
7.05 Approval of Employee Benefits Trust Medical Insurance Rates Recommendation for 2020-2021 School Year
7.06 Approval of 2020-2021 Memorandum of Understanding
The meeting was adjourned at 7:50 pm.