Governing Board Brief - May 28, 2019
The Governing Board met for their regular monthly board business meeting Tuesday, May 28, 2019.
The meeting began at 5:30pm with a call to Executive Session pursuant to A.R.S. Section 38-431.01(A)(1) for discussion of Superintendent Evaluation and Pay for Performance.
The board business meeting was called to order at 6:30pm.
The meeting began with ‘Superintendent’s Recognitions’. The following students and staff were recognized:
- Retirees - 22 of 93 staff members retiring this year were in attendance to be recognized.
- Mr. Craig Elliott 5th grade teacher at Boulder Creek, received the Susan Giesaking Memorial Award for Science Teaching.
- Campo Verde Boys Volleyball team - 5A State Champions
- Campo Verde State Champions from the Boys Track & Field Team - Rylan Stubbs (1600 and 3200), Rylan Stubbs, Garrett Anderson, Luke Nicolds, Kenneth Edwards (Boys 4x800)
- Campo Verde High School - awarded AIA Director’s Cup
- Mesquite High Girls Beach Volleyball team and Coach Flys - 4A State Champions
- Mesquite High Boys Baseball team and Coach Holland - 4A State Runners-Up
- Mesquite High student Madeline Rose - represented USA in rugby
- Desert Ridge High student Koa Tuipala - 110 Hurdles State Champion
- Highland High Boys track team and Girls track team: Boys 4x800 relay state champions; girls 4x100 state champions; girls High jump champion; boys 800 meter champion; boys 1600 meter champion; boys 3200 meter champion; Zach Shroeder 2nd in the 300 hurdles; Sam Green second in the 800 meters; Caroline McLeskey was second in the 3200 meters.
The 'Superintendent’s Report' followed, highlighting appreciation for all the families who choose Gilbert Public Schools. It has been a fantastic school year, thank you to all, and best wishes for a great summer.
There were no requests to speak to the Governing Board.
The ‘Budget Report’ followed, presented by Assistant Superintendent of Business Services, Ms. Bonnie Betz.
A report on ‘Operations Summer Bond Projects’ followed, presented by Director of Operations, Mr. Albert Dutchover and Assistant Superintendent of Business Services, Ms. Bonnie Betz.
The following Consent Agenda items were approved with a 4-0 vote:
8.01 Approval of Consent Agenda Items
8.02 Approval of Minutes from the Regular Board Meeting on April 23, 2019 and Brief Board Business Meeting on May 7, 2019
8.03 Certified Personnel
8.04 Support Staff Personnel
8.05 Substitute Personnel
8.06 FY 2019 Approval of SEAS Education Inc. for Purchases Over the Threshold of One Hundred Thousand Dollars
8.07 FY 2019 Approval of Vendors Awarded for Summer Bond Projects
8.08 FY 2020 Approval of Vendors for Purchases Exceeding One Hundred Thousand Dollars
8.09 FY 2020 Approval of the Continuation of Intergovernmental Cooperative Agreements
8.10 FY 2020 Approval of Sole Source Vendors
8.11 Approval of the Intergovernmental Agreement between Gilbert Public Schools and Maricopa County Community College District, 2019-2020 Dual Enrollment Program
8.12 Award RFP 19-55-06-24 Landscape Services in an Annual Estimate Amount of $680,000.00
8.13 Award RWQ #19-121 Chromebooks6702HPG6EE_A4, Student Devices
8.14 Approval of Sun Valley Builder, LLC for Mesquite High School Restroom Renovation and Building B & G Food Court Areas
8.15 Approve Sun Valley Builders, LLC for Purchase of Asphalt Work at Greenfield Elementary School Parking Lot.
8.16 Approval for Belfor Property Restoration To Complete Various Bond Projects at Highland High School
8.17 Approval of Overnight and/or Out-of-State Travel
8.18 Approval of Out of State Travel for Staff
8.19 Acceptance of Donations
8.20 Ratification of Prior Month Financial Vouchers
The Action Item agenda followed.
The following Action Items were approved with a 4-0 vote:
9.01 Approval of the Performance Based Compensation set forth in the employment contract between Dr. Shane McCord and the Governing Board, as approved by the Governing Board and pursuant to A.R.S. 15-341(40).
9.02 Policy Development: Second Read and Adoption of Policy BEDF - Voting Method
9.03 Policy Development: Second Read and Adoption of Policy DICA - Budget Format
9.04 Policy Development: Second Read and Adoption of Policy DJ - Purchasing
9.05 Policy Development: Second Read and Adoption of Policy DJE - Bidding / Purchasing Procedures
9.06 Policy Development: Second Read and Adoption of Policy DN - School Properties Disposition
9.07 Policy Development: Second Read and Adoption of Policy EEAG - Student Transportation in Private Vehicles
9.08 Policy Development: First Read of Policy JFABB - Admission of Exchange and Foreign Students
9.09 Policy Development: First Read of Policy JKD - Student Suspension / Expulsion / Due-Process Rights
9.10 Policy Development: First Read of Policy KJA - Relations with Booster Organizations
The meeting was adjourned at 7:55pm.