- Board Members
- Governing Board Meetings, Work Study, & Policy Committee Dates
Governing Board Meeting Comments
- 1/26/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 2/23/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 3/30/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 4/22/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 4/27/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 5/18/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 6/29/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 7/27/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 8/24/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 9/28/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 10/26/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- Board Courtesy Postings
- Audit Board Committee
- Gilbert Public Schools
- Governing Board
Governing Board Brief - September 28, 2021
The Governing Board met for the September Board Business Meeting on Tuesday, September 28, 2021.
The meeting was called to order at 6:00 pm and began with the Superintendent’s Recognition Awards.
Superintendent Dr. Shane McCord recognized:
- Jenni Feidler-Aguilar- Art teacher at Gilbert Elementary and Mesquite Elementary
- Volunteer Network (VNET) Team
The Superintendent’s Report followed. Superintendent Dr. Shane McCord highlighted the following:
- We have almost completed the first quarter. Thank you to all of our students, employees, and families for all of your work in making this possible.
- Transportation Department - Thank you to all of our transportation employees for your hard work. As we are over 40 drivers down, everyone in the department with a CDL license is currently driving including our mechanics and our director. Thank you for all your efforts.
- School Nurses and Health Assistants - Thank you for doing an incredible job during this time, communicating with our parents, keeping up with dealing with COVID-19 as well as all other duties. You are truly appreciated.
Requests to speak to the Governing Board followed. There were 3 requests to speak.
Assistant Superintendent of Business Services, Ms. Bonnie J. Betz, presented the ‘Monthly Budget Report’ and was available for questions from the Governing Board.
Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning, Dr. Barbara Newman, presented the Spring 2021 Assessment Report. Ms. Brandie Burton, and Dr. Krista Cox, Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment Directors also presented.
The following Consent Agenda was approved with a 5-0 vote:
7.02 Minutes for Regular Board Meeting on August 24, 2021, and Brief Board Business Meeting on September 14, 2021
7.03 Certified, Classified, and Substitute Personnel
7.04 Temporary Custodial Staffing provided by Delta-T Group
7.05 Acceptance of Donations Requests FY 2022
7.06 Parent Support Organizations FY 2022
7.07 Roof Removal and Replacement at District Office - Building A
7.08 Policy Development: Approval of Second Read and Adoption of Policy JHD - Exclusions and Exemptions from School Attendance (Chronic Health Conditions)
7.09 Approval of Overnight or Out of State Travel
7.10 Staff Travel
7.11 Ratification of FY 2021 and FY 2022 YTD Financial Vouchers
The following Action Agenda Items were approved with 5-0 votes:
8.01 Policy Development: First Read of Policy IIB - Class Size
8.02 Policy Development: First Read of Policy BDF - Advisory Committees
8.03 Policy Development: First Read of Policy BEDD - Rules of Order
8.04 Policy Development: First Read of Policy BEDH - Public Participation at Board Meetings
The meeting was adjourned at 7:45 pm.