- Board Members
- Governing Board Meetings, Work Study, & Policy Committee Dates
Governing Board Meeting Comments
- 1/26/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 2/23/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 3/30/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 4/22/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 4/27/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 5/18/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 6/29/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 7/27/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 8/24/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- 9/28/2021 Board Meeting Public Comments
- Board Courtesy Postings
- Audit Board Committee
- Gilbert Public Schools
- Governing Board
Governing Board Brief - December 17, 2019
The Governing Board met for their regular monthly board meeting on Tuesday, December 17th, 2019.
The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm.
The meeting began with the Superintendent’s Recognitions. Dr. Shane McCord recognized the following students and staff:
- Mesquite High Marching Band - ABODA State Semi-Finals, 4th Place
- Desert Ridge Junior High Marching Band - ABODA State Championships, 3rd Place
- Campo Verde Marching Band - AMBA State Championships, 1st Place
- Mesquite High All American Cheerleaders - London New Year’s Day Parade, Jaci Celenza and Tori Olchawa
- Highland High Cross Country Girls - State Runners-up
- Highland High Cross Country Boys - State Champions
- Mesquite High FFA students, Max Ferguson and Brooklyn Murphy, Gold Ranking at FFA Nationals
- Mesquite High Project Lead the Way student Christian Ilog - Presented at PLW National Summit
- Campo Verde Football Team - 5A State Runners Up
- Coach Max Ragsdale, Campo Verde - 5A Conference Football Coach of the Year
The Superintendent’s Report followed.
There were no requests to speak to the Governing Board.
The Monthly Budget Report followed, presented by Assistant Superintendent, Ms. Bonnie Betz.
Assistant Superintendent, Ms. Bonnie Betz, then presented ‘FY 2019 Audit Update and Government-wide Draft Financial Statements’. Director of Finance, Ms. Jackie Mattinen and External Auditor Ms. Jennifer Shields, Heinfeld, Meech & Co, were present. Ms. Shields presented the audit update.
The Consent Agenda was approved with a 5-0 vote:
7.02 Approval of Minutes from the Regular Board Meeting on November 19, 2019 and Brief Board Business Meeting on December 3, 2019
7.03 Certified Personnel
7.04 Support Staff Personnel
7.05 Substitute Personnel
7.06 Approval of the Memorandum of Understanding for Banner Health
7.07 Approve Completion of Mesquite High School Security Entry Project
7.08 Approval of the Intergovernmental Agreement (IGA) between Gilbert Public Schools and Maricopa County Community College Embedded Advisor Program
7.09 Optional purchase from Milestone Computer Technology, Inc.
7.10 Award RFP 20-31-06-25 District WAN Connections
7.11 FY 2020 Purchases Exceeding $100,000
7.12 Approval of FY 2020 Parent Support Organizations
7.13 Acceptance of Donations
7.14 Approval of Overnight and/or Out-of-State Travel
7.15 Approval of Out of State Travel for Staff
7.16 Ratification of Prior Month Financial Vouchers
The following Action Items were approved with a 5-0 vote.
8.01 Policy Development: Second Read and Adoption of Policy GCO - Evaluation of Professional Staff Members
8.02 Policy Development: Second Read and Adoption of Policy JIH - Student Interrogations, Searches and Arrests
8.03 Policy Development: Second Read and Adoption of Policy JLDAC - Screening / Testing of Students
8.04 Policy Development: Second Read and Adoption of Policy JLF - Reporting Child Abuse / Child Protection
8.05 Policy Development: First Read of Policy DJE - Bidding / Purchasing Procedures
8.06 Policy Development: First Read to Omit Policy GBEA - Staff Ethics
8.07 Policy Development: First Read of Policy GBEB - Staff Conduct
8.08 Policy Development: First Read of Policy GBEFA - Staff Use of Digital Wireless Communications or Electronic Devices while Operating a Motor Vehicle
8.09 Policy Development: First Read of Policy GDFA - Support Staff Qualifications and Requirements
A Call for Executive Session followed, at 7:45pm, for discussion or consultation for legal advice with the Governing Board’s attorney and in order to consider its position and instruct its attorney regarding its position on the Superintendent’s renewal of employment and related matters, including a new Superintendent Employment Agreement.
The Governing Board reconvened at 8:40pm to discuss Action Item 13.01 - Possible action to renew Superintendent’s employment and possible action to approve future Superintendent Employment Agreement. The Action Item was approved with a 4-0 vote.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:50pm.